Chapter Six: D.I.T.L.O

***I'd like to make a note that Kevin is a little different in this story than he is in real life. Please keep that in mind. Also, DITLO is Day In The Life Of, for those of you that don't know. ***

-Kevin's Point of View-

I wake up early every morning so I have enough time to shower and perform a thorough swole check before I head off to the hospital. Even though I was just interning until I finished medical school, there was a lot of work I had to prepare for. I was basically a nurse with less responsibility. As my secondary alarm went off, I grabbed my bag and phone to head out the door. I gave myself 5 minutes extra to get there, but I always ended up with extra time. Wednesdays were always slow days for hospitals, something about people just staying home in the middle of the week or something. I had plenty of time.

I walked down the uncluttered hallway and into the vacant streets outside. There was a slight breeze, which was weird, but I'd decided to ignore it. There were probably going to be a lot of colds tomorrow though.

"Hey, Kevin!" One of the regular volunteers was waving at me from across a long hallway. I couldn't really tell who she was from so far away, but I knew she had to be one of two people. I waved back and pointed before walking into the locker room where a few doctors were chatting in a corner over coffee. It didn't take long before she was in the locker room with her hair pulled into a short ponytail.

"Hey, Megg." I'd met Megg through one of Scott's parties that I had to pick him up from. She helped me carry the tall infant to my car and introduced herself. I noticed she was really nice so I'd made quick friends with her and kept in contact.

"How are you today?"

"Pretty good! I had a great morning." I flexed my arms, which she rolled her eyes at before pushing my arms down. Megg didn't understand the beauty of my swole.

"You're stupid. When does Kirstie get in town?"

"I forgot she was coming! I think in a couple days."

"Such a great friend you are."

"Man! Shut up."

She laughed and strutted her way out the room to return to what ever she was in charge of on the floor. I'd probably find her again later for lunch before I went to class. Most of my day was spent delivering food to patients and watching a few emergency surgeries before rushing off to my Chinese class and then my Cello lessons. I had a pretty full day, but I still needed to clean my apartment.

I ran a little faster as I got close to the short brick walls that separated our small community from the busy road beside it. I heard the familiar click of the gate opening and slowed to a stop before the person stepped out.

"Kevin? What are you doing here?"

Oh. Hell. No.