Chapter 16: Stop Bothering Me.

*** I missed y'all so much, I gave you two! I hope you just like these! I'm still feeling sick, but my brain finally has it's shit together so I can give you some more chapters. Now, if you excuse me, I'm going to sleep for a long time. ***

"What's up, Long-John and Slinger?" Kirstie said with the biggest smile on her face. I thought about punching her, but I was almost too sure she'd hit me back, and I've had a bad record of fights recently. "Mitch and Scott are on their way over. Avi, you might want to get daddy a shirt."

Kevin had this smug grin on his face like he'd proven something.

"What?" I shouted.

"I told you," He lilted.

"You told me what?"

He looked away like he expected me to figure it out and turned to go upstairs and walk back across to his apartment. After I heard the window close, I turned around to a very smug gremlin sitting at my dinner table.

"What?"

"Y'all are cute."

After a few hours, and a little alone time with Kevin, Scomiche arrived at my apartment bearing wine bottles as gifts. The trio detached themselves from the couch where Kevin and me were left alone, again.

"These three are a mess," Kevin said, sipping from a glass of wine poured from the bottle Scott was now drinking from.

"You should have seen them in high school..." I sighed and shook my head, which caused Kevin to laugh lightly. We hadn't had a non-sexual conversation in almost 20 years. As much as I hated him, I wasn't too man to admit I missed it.

"I did for a bit! I met them first after all."

"Yeah, but I got to watch them get crazy."

Kevin looked over at me with his wine glass in his hand and his long, strong legs crossed like a middle-aged woman. "Did they get this bad after I left?"

"Kevin, they've been this way since about half way through your senior year."

He looked sorry for me, in a way. He also looked like he was trying not to laugh himself into a fit of tears. I took his glass of wine and drank half of what was left before handing it back to him. "Hey!"

"What? I have to deal with them too."

"Good point, Daddy."

I felt that strange need to hit Kirstie again.