Chapter 15: Friday

*** Watch the video. If it doesn't start at 0:23, go there. Then you are allowed to continue. ***

I sat propped up against my headboard, scrolling through the twitter account I'd just got forced into making and waiting for Kirstie to vacate my bathroom so we could go to sleep. She'd invited herself over for her spring break and decided that she wanted to stay with me, blocking my usual Friday night activities. Maybe I could sneak an early morning quickie if Kirstie was sleeping hard enough...

"Avi?"

"Yes?" I looked up from my phone just as Kirstie dove on top of me.

"Sleep!" she sang as she wiggled herself under my blankets and curled up against the side of my legs. I reached over and turned off the lamp before cuddling against her back and waiting for her to turn around in her sleep, like she does. The roll commenced and Kirstie pressed her forehead against my chest before falling into a deep sleep. I held her, much like I would hold Esther, and let my mind wander.

Why did the universe, or whatever power was dealing these cards, keep putting Kevin and I together? Was there some unknown force that was keeping us next door to each other? Was I doomed to always be the hot boy next door? That last one had nothing to do with the universe. Thank you genetics.

I stuck my nose on the top of Kirstie's head and tried to sleep. I was starting to doze off when I heard my window open. I suspected that it was probably a burglar, until the burglar started licking my ear.

"Kevin?" I pushed the head away from my ear and tuned on the light to a very naked Kevin.

"Why is Kirstie here?"

"Where are your pants?"

Kirstie stirred against me and lifted her head slightly. "I am refusing to accept this as a reality. Turn off the light."

I quickly abandoned my bed and pulled Kevin into the hallway. "What are you doing here?"

"It's Friday. I got worried when you didn't come get me, so I was coming to get you."

"This is the week you decide to stick to our schedule?"

I felt an evil presence and looked towards my slightly cracked door. "Bicker tomorrow."

"Yes, ma'am," Kevin and I whimpered. I gathered Kevin's clothing out of my room, handed them to him, and lead him to the guest room I had on the lower floor.

"Tomorrow?"

He sighed and pulled his pants on. "Tomorrow."