Chapter 68: Valentine's Day

Begin!

~Normal POV

2/14 - Tuesday

It was Valentine's Day. A day for girls to give chocolate and other presents to their special person. Yu didn't need any other reminders. Rise would never have let him forget it. And honestly, neither would half the school. It was all anyone was talking about. All day, Yu watched people exchanging gifts whenever they had a chance. He even got some friendly chocolates from Naoto, Yumi, and Ai. They were all store-bought of course, but it was a nice gesture. And a few other students had slipped some into his locker instead. (Those ones were probably not meant to be platonic, he'd better toss them before Rise saw.)

After school, Yu stayed behind in his classroom with Yosuke, Chie, and Yukiko. Kanji came to join them for a while. And he seemed to be in a remarkably good mood today. Yu hadn't seen Rise since they all met up for lunch. Chie and Yukiko had brought small boxes of friendly chocolates for the boys as well and were handing them out.

"Here," Chie said, handing a box to Yu.

"Thank you." He said, smiling.

Yosuke eyed his box warily, though. Like he didn't trust it, or thought it was poisoned somehow.

"Oh relax, Yosuke," Chie said, huffily. "They're store-bought. Check the box if you don't believe us, we bought them at Junes."

"Yeah, you're only supposed to make them yourself for your significant other," Yukiko added, smiling.

"And after last night, you and Teddie should be thankful you're getting any at all," Chie said, as she handed a box to Kanji.

"Wait- what did I do this time!?" Yosuke asked.

Yu raised a brow at him. "You don't remember what happened at the hot springs last night? When Kanji and I had to stop you two from trying to climb the fence to spy on the girls?"

"Man, it's like you were actively trying to get yourself killed..." Kanji added.

Yosuke paled. "You told them?!"

"I figured it was only right that they know what kind of men they're giving their chocolate to." Yu answered.

"Ah... well that does explain a lot." Yosuke said, sighing. "When I ran into Naoto earlier, I asked if she was handing out any and she just glared at me and said, 'Not to you.'"

Yu chuckled. "Yeah, be thankful she didn't punch you. She gave me mine early for telling her about it." He pointed to one box in his now sizable pile of friendly chocolate boxes. It was a good thing they were all pretty small, otherwise he'd probably get sick from eating all of them.

At this point, they saw Rise walk in carrying a pink bag with hearts on it. She greeted them with a bright smile.

"You guys are handing out chocolate? Great timing!" She pulled a few small boxes out of her bag and passed them around to everyone, except Yu of course. "You'll get yours later, senpai. I've got some stuff to take care of first, but I'll call you soon."

"I kinda figured that out already." Yu replied.

"We get it..." Yosuke said, smirking. "Make sure you don't have too much fun tonight, you two." He added, with a teasing wink.

Yu and Rise only rolled their eyes at him. They knew he was just kidding but he acted like he had a say in the matter.

"How about those of us who don't have dates go hang out at Junes?" Yukiko suggested.

"Oh, good idea," Chie agreed.

"I'll let Teddie know to meet up with us after his shift." Yosuke said. "How about you, Kanji?"