CHAPTER 7

Daenys was pacing back and forth across the room

Daenys was pacing back and forth across the room. Her grandsire was going to die. Her son had predicted it. Daeneth The Fearless would die soon, but she didn't know when and she didn't know how.

"Would you stop with your pacing?" Aenar complained.

"Oh, I'm sorry! Does my way of coping with the fact that my grandsire might die any minute bother you? How careless of me!" Daenys said mockingly.

Aenar sighed and rubbed his head, "I doubt it is well for the baby."

At that Daenys sighed and sat down across from Aenar, "If I don't occupy myself then I might start crying."

Aenar got up from his seat and rubbed his wife's shoulder, "He has lived a long and good life. He is the last of Aegon the Conqueror's grandchildren. He is the blood of Visenya Targaryen. Not many of us can claim that."

Daenys leaned into her husband's touch with a hum, soon after someone knocked on the door. "Come in!" Daenys called lifting her head from her husband's palm. A guard entered and announced, "By order of his Majesty, King Viserys, I have come to inform you that Queen Alicent has gone into labour. His grace requests your presence outside the birthing room." 

The two looked at each other before springing up and rushing out of the room. 

↞↞↞✦✦✦↠↠↠

"How is the Queen?" was the first thing Daenys asked as she and her husband met Viserys, Rhaenyra and Otto in the hallway.