𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐜 𝐓𝐚𝐥𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐃𝐚𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐃𝐚𝐞𝐥𝐲𝐫𝐚

Daemion Targaryen

Daemion Targaryen was the first-born child and only son of Daeneth and Rhaena Targaryen. Growing up he was said to be a handsome and strapping young man, rumoured to be the most handsome man in Westeros, which earned him the nickname 'The Dashing'. He inherited his father's pure silver hair as opposed to his mother's silver-gold hair, he also possessed the dark violet eyes of his great-grandmother Visenya instead of the pale lilac eyes of Rhaenys. However, instead of being big and muscular like his father and grandsire, he inherited his mother's lean frame which at times made his father think he was ill. He grew his hair out until it reached his waist and then braided some of it while the rest stayed flowing.

When he was born, his mother, Rhaena, tried to put one of Dreamfyre's dragon eggs into his cradle, but his father had already placed an egg of Vhagar next to him. The egg itself was green with a few gold specks. After his first-name day, the egg cracked into a green dragon who would be known as Aegarax.

Three years after he was born, his mother gave birth to Daelyra. It was common knowledge in the Seven Kingdoms that the marriage of Daeneth and Rhaena was not a loving one. It was said that was close to his mother, Rhaena, and often went flying together. While spending time with his mother, she often told him stories about her father Aenys and her grandsire, Aegon the Conqueror. When someone once questioned his mother's honour, he commanded a duel in which he severely injured his opponent by cutting off his left leg.

During the year Daeneth and Rhaena searched the continent for his half-sister, Aerea, he and his sister were begrudgingly sent to ward in the Red Keep. While there, he became close with his younger cousin Vaegon, who was often the target of his elder siblings' pranks. When Daemion and Daelyra returned to Blackliff, he took Vaegon with him at his request.

It was rumoured that both Alyssane and Jaehaerys were furious with Baelon and Alyssa and punished them for driving Vaegon away to Blackliff. When Viserra Targaryen also seemed refuge in Blackliff, his father used to grumble about being a sanctuary for "imperfect children of the most prim couple in the seven kingdoms."

When Queen Alyssane arrived at Blackliff to take her children back to Kings Landing, she requested to betroth Daemion to Daella. His father turned her down saying that if he even walked a step in her direction, Daella would've started crying. To spite the Queen even more, he betrothed Daemion and Daelyra. They lived in a very loving marriage and most of the small folk said it was written in the stars for the Dashing and the Alluring to be brought together. People often talked about both of them and their great beauties, which led the small folk to think of Jaehaerys and Alyssane's children as ugly and plain.

Although he loved his wife and their marriage was a happy one, the couple only produced one child named Daenys, which caused his wife Daelyra to grow weak until she finally passed after Daenys's first name day. Alyssane again arrived at Blackliff to ask Daeneth to betroth Daenys to one of her grandsons. Daemion who was still distraught over his wife's death, left his father to deal with the Good Queen.

The death of his wife caused him so much grief that he refused to eat and only spent his days on Aegarax until one day he hopped off his saddle into the Narrow Sea, leaving his daughter to be raised by his father Daeneth. 

Daelyra Targaryen

The only daughter and second child of Daeneth and Rhaena Targaryen, she was known to be a striking and beautiful child, rumoured to be the most beautiful woman in all of Westeros, some even saying she was The Maiden reincarnated. She inherited her mother's silver-gold hair, and she had Visenya's dark violet eyes rather than Rhaenys's light lilac eyes. Her eyes were so beautiful that it was said that she could hypnotize anyone with them. She was lean like her mother and brother, Daemion, however, she was more curvaceous. Like her great-grandmother she kept her hair in tight braids, having two join creating one big braid down her back.

When she was in her cradle, she was given a blue dragon egg from Dreamfyre's clutch by her mother, Princess Rhaena. The dragon that grew out of it was then named Abraxes. 

In her youth, she always spent time with her half-sister Aerea. She was often seen on the rocky shores of Blackliff with Aerea and her father Daeneth. When Aerea claimed Balerion and left Dragonstone, Daelyra was distraught as Aerea was not there and both her parents rarely spent time with them trying to look for Aerea. During this year, she became closer to her brother, Daemion.

During the time that she and Daemion was sent as a ward to the Red Keep, she became close friends with the younger princesses, Viserra and Saera. Although not sharing their longing for promiscuity, she grew fond of their wild ways and often participated in various schemes with them. 

Unlike other girls of that time, including her cousins, Daelyra didn't have a natural talent for dancing, singing or sewing. She found her talents out in archery and swordplay. She trained with the same knight who taught her brother, Ser Byron Hollard, and once her father saw her train, he gifted her his grandmother's sword, Dark Sister.

Her father turned Queen Alyssane away and chose to betroth her to her brother when she arrived at Blackliff to request a proposal for the both of them. Shortly after their wedding, Viserra arrived at Blackliff, wanting to flee from her parents who were going to forcefully marry her to lord many years her senior. To this, her father used to grumble about being a sanctuary for "imperfect children of the most prim couple in the seven kingdoms."

The thing that both she and her husband craved the most was a child. After many years of trying, Daelyra finally became with child. The pregnancy itself was gruelling and she flew on Abraxes every day until she couldn't.

The birth was very hard on her and many believed that she would most likely die. However, she survived although greatly weakened to the point where she could not even lift Dark Sister. She was frail through the one year that she lived and got ill very often. When she accumulated a fever she could no longer cling to life and died.

A year later when Daemion died, the Smallfolk celebrated instead of mourning saying that the Dashing and Alluring were finally together again up in the heavens looking down upon the Seven Kingdoms, saying that their beauty was too unlike the ugly world.  

➣⭒➣⭒➣⭒➣⭒➣⭒➣⭒➣⭒➣⭒➣⭒➣⭒➣⭒➣⭒➣⭒➣⭒➣⭒➣⭒➣⭒➣⭒➣⭒➣

Am I pulling a G.R.R.M and giving background characters extremely tragic stories? Yes. Yes, I am. Also sneak peak of JaeJae and Ally being the worst parents ever. 

Toodles.