18- A Fight

Nora's P.O.V.

I followed Brady out of the house and waited until I heard the house door latch shut before I started yelling. "Who in the hell do you think you are?"

Brady turned around, actually looking confused as if he said nothing wrong. "Excuse me?"

"You have no right talking or even glaring at me the way you do! What the hell did I ever do?"

"Just forget it, Eleanor."

"No. Your whole family is wonderful, except you. I like hanging out with those girls so if this is going to be a problem then don't talk to me."

He didn't say anything.

"You're so frustrating!"

"I'm so sorry I hurt your feelings... but you have no idea what I'm going through."

I walked closer and poked his chest. "And you have no idea what I'm going through." My voice cracked but I refused to let this fucker see me cry. "That's why you're supposed to be nice to everyone and stop judging people when you don't even know them. I am so fucking sick of it... but you know what? I don't give a shit anymore if you or anyone else doesn't approve of me, you can all go to hell!"

He just stared at me without saying a word. I should have just walked away at this point but I wasn't finished.

"So that's why you're so grumpy... because you might not walk again? I'm really sorry that happened to you but even I know riding a bull is one of the top most dangerous sports in the world."

"You know nothing." He snapped back.

"How about you enlighten me then?"

"How would you feel if someone you thought loved you just got up and walked away because they didn't want to have to take care of you?"

"Sooo... This is because of your ex? Well now you sound even more dumb. She sounds horrible, Brady. Why would you want to be with someone like that? At least you found out what kind of woman she was before you married her."

"At least I don't run away from my problems like you are. My ass you have time off, you're hiding something. You're nothing but a spoiled princess who got that ranch handed over to her without-"

I didn't give him time to finish that sentence. I wasn't going to stand here and listen to him whining any longer. "Listen hear you arrogant prick. You know nothing about me. Yeah, I might have left home to take a break and clear my head...but I'M GOING BACK. And you damn well better believe the people that have been there for me, I didn't treat them like shit when they tried helping me."

I was about to storm out of there but I remembered something else. "Ohhh and everything I have done since I went off to college was on my own. My parents might have helped put me through college but I paid them back for that... Trust me. And as for that ranch, that's none of your Goddamn business. I shouldn't have to stand here and explain myself to you. You don't want to be friends with me... fine but don't sit there pissing and moaning when you're all alone because people are sick and tired of you and your attitude."

I turned around to see his entire family out on the porch, staring at what just unfolded between Brady and I. Some with expressions I couldn't quite read and some with slight smirks, his father being one of them.

"I'm so sorry." I said, apologizing to his family. "Thank you for supper." I continued walking as fast as I could to my car, ignoring the stares of the ranch hands that were also standing outside of a different building together, watching everything unfold.

Great, everyone saw our fight.

I jumped into my car and drove out of there as fast as I could.

Who the hell does Brady Montgomery think he is? After the fun day I had it took two seconds for Brady to piss me off.