21- Is it hot in here?

Nora's P.O.V.

"Wait… as in Brady… my brother?" Kassidy questioned.

"Mhmm." I continued walking again but she caught up and stood in front of me.

"Like a date."

"Pshhh, definitely not! It's just to get to know each other better." I said, repeating Brady's words.

"Yeah, that's what you do on a first date."

Well she wasn't wrong there. "It's not a date." I repeated, walking out of the house.

Brady was coming out of his house when he looked up at me and a smirk appeared on his face. He was wearing a dark T-shirt that showed off how muscular he was underneath and blue jeans. That smirk faded when he noticed Kassidy beside me.

"Hi, Brady." I said.

"Hello." He looked back at Kassidy. "Wipe that smile off your face sis, this isn't what it looks like."

She waved her hands defensively in front of her, still smiling like a lunatic. "Whatever you two say. Does anyone know about this?"

"Goodbye." Brady handed me the keys. "You ready?"

"Yep. Bye Kassi."

I opened the door for him and some guy I didn't recognize helped show me how to hook Brady securely into the lift.

"Okay. Thank you."

I got into the truck and shut my door. "You seem grumpy again. What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Did you change your mind and you don't want to do this with me?"

"No, that's not it. That man is my new nurse. I don't like him and my sister is annoying." He shook his head. "Do you know how to drive a truck?"

My eyes widened. "Nooo! Like where do I even put the keys?" I started laughing as Brady looked over at me confused. "Yes, Brady. I know how to drive a truck. My lord! Now if it was a stick shift… ehhh that's a different story."

"You're such a smart ass, do you know that?"

I smiled as I started the truck. "I try."

I started backing out, waving to Kassidy as we left.

"So why don't you like that male nurse?"

"Because."

I waited for a second to see if he was going to continue… but he didn't. "Oh my God. This is going to be the longest night of our lives if you keep giving me one word answers."

He was quiet for a moment before he answered.  "He's supposed to be with me all of the time. He thought he needed to come with us tonight and I told him no."

"Like you said though, it's not a date. He could have joined us."

"You can help me. He doesn't need to be here."

"Okay." I mouthed to myself as I continued to drive. I knew Brady didn't like that he had to have nurses so I decided to just let it be. I followed Brady's directions, driving forty minutes until we got to the bar he was telling me about.

"Do you need any help?"

"No, I got this part."

He hit a button and the lift did its thing, lowering him to the ground. "Could you shut the door for me though?"

"Yes."

I shut the passenger door and walked alongside him up to the bar, opening the door for him and followed him inside.