42- Music Awards

Nora's P.O.V.

"I changed my mind." I argued as Selena looked at me like I had grown six different heads.

"What? It's all worked out and the band has been practicing the song that you chose. The music awards are in two days, Nora."

"Good thing my band is amazing. I need to do this Selena."

"Can I at least hear the song?"

"No. I haven't finished the song yet."

Selena started laughing, "You... you haven't even finished the song. Are you doing this so I have a mental breakdown?"

"Of course not."

"I love you, but that's what's going to happen here. This could go very very badly."

I rolled my eyes, "Have I ever let you down?"

"No."

"Then trust me."

A lot was riding on this song. My record label wanted me to sing the song they were releasing next week, which was the first song I recorded when I came back but when I went to my place at night and talked with Brady, then I would write... hence my new song choice.

This distance thing was already hard and I wanted Brady to have no doubts about how I felt about him and if anything was going to let him know, it was this song.

It was also going to let everyone know where I was this summer and that I had a man I was crazy about.

*******

The morning of the music awards was very busy. Hair, makeup, don't forget to eat, and the dress.

I went off on my stylist when he said my dress was beautiful but not from a well known fashion designer and he pulled out the one he wanted me to wear.

I glared, grabbed Kassidy's dress and went into my private dressing room and put it on, despite his thoughts.

I called and talked to Brady after my dress was on. I needed to hear his voice and he did exactly what I needed... put me in a better mood.

My only wish was that he was here with me.

I walked out of the dressing room and the first thing my stylist did was apologize. I gave him a hug and told him I knew he was only doing his job but this dress meant the world to me so I was very adamant on wearing it. It didn't matter to me that it wasn't Christian Dior or Versace.

On the way over to where the awards were being held, I tuned everything out. I looked out the window and played with the horseshoe necklace that was around my neck. Mom's words from when I talked to her earlier were running on repeat in my head... 'Remember why you started singing, Eleanor.'

As if I needed a reminder.

I took a deep breath and started smiling. I got out of the limo and the cameras immediately started going off.

Brady's P.O.V.

"I have Kassi on FaceTime."

"Hi guys!"

"Hi, Kass." Everyone said simultaneously.

We were all getting ready for the Country music awards show to start and since Kassi was back in school she was FaceTiming us during it.

The man and woman on the red carpet doing the stars' interview, were talking about the night and what to expect.

"We're here, live in Nashville Tennessee where we're getting ready for the stars to walk down the red carpet before the awards ceremony and on everyone's radar tonight is Nora Rose."