Chapter 11: The Battle

After a few days of training, the lionesses were ready. "Remember, we can do this, we are stronger than them," Rani said. Everyone nodded.

They ran out of Priderock. "HEY!" Shomari growled. "Kion!" Kamili shouted. Kion came into sight. He growled. The lionesses ran to the plains, followed by Kion, Shomari, Kamili, and Kovu. The lionesses continued running until they were stopped by a gorge.

The lionesses turned around.

Kion smirked, "Your not getting away that easy." "Attack!" Rani shouted.

Rani and Kion circled each other. "Your dead Rani," Kion growled. "We'll see about that," Rani replied. They charged at each other.

Rani threw her paw at Kion's face. He started bleeding. He growled and threw Rani across the ground. Rani slowly stood up.

Rani ran to Kion, but he threw her to the ground again. Rani tried to stand up, but the cubs weighed her down. Kion approached her, claws unsheathened.

Before Kion could attack, Tiifu grabbed him. They rolled over. Kion pinned Tiifu. Tiifu used the trick Rani taught her. She brought her hind legs to his stomach, and threw him off.

Kion stumbled back. Tiifu ran away before Kion could re-attack. Kion turned to Rani, who was able to stand up.

Kion lunged at her. He bit into her neck. Rani pushed him off. Rani threw Kion back. He almost fell off the gorge. Kion got his balance, and hit Rani.

Rani dodged it, and went under him, and flipped him over. Kion landed hard on his back.

"I shouldn't have to do this, you were once a good lion. I don't know what's gotten into you, but, you can't live anymore," Rani pushed Kion off into the gorge. She watched as he fell. "I wish I didn't have to do that," Rani sighed. She walked away.

Shomari and Kamili stared in shock. Their leader was killed. They ran away.

Kovu's eyes went back to green. He shook his head, "Oh what happened?" The lionesses explained.

Rani walked off to the side and layed down. She looked at her stomach. "Kion once was a good lion, he would have made a good father, but something corrupted him. I'm sorry you won't ever have a dad," Rani licked her stomach and sighed.

Nala walked up to Rani, "I didn't want him to die either, but it had to be done for the safety of the Pridelands." Rani nodded with a sigh.

"C'mon everyone, let's go to Priderock."