Natasha Romanoff

Set after the Natasha POV in Chapter 30

-x-X-x-

"Nat!"

"Toni!"

Both women are all smiles, as they move to meet each other. Natasha doesn't rebuke the dark-haired technopath when Toni walks right up to her and grabs her by the face, lip locking her right then and there. Instead, the red headed super spy places her hands on the inventory's hips and kisses her right back, the two of them making out for several long moments before Toni pulls back with a sigh.

"It IS you..."

Natasha Romanoff just raises an eyebrow at that, even as they pull apart to regard one another for a long moment.

"Please tell me that the genius Toni Stark is not basing the veracity of my revival and resurrection off of a kiss of all things."

For a beat, Toni plays up the act, looking like a deer caught in headlights. Then, like the flick of a light switch she's suddenly grinning slyly and chuckling as she shakes her head with a shrug.

"No. Been scanning you since you showed up. You are Natasha Romanoff... or so close to the real deal that it doesn't really matter even if you are a fake. There's some unusual contaminants of course, but that's actually helping your case, seeing as they're mostly the same contaminants Clint brought back with him when HE returned from Vormir... plus a little extra."

Blinking at that, Natasha slowly nods, before smiling softly.

"Heh, never change, Toni."

For a moment, the beautiful billionaire genius blushes. Then, she grins and gives Natasha a wink.

"Let's walk and talk, shall we?"

"Sure."

They walk, though Toni does most of the talking. That's not much of a surprise though, to be honest. Natasha has always been a good listener. Even way back when, at the start. Their relationship had been rocky in the beginning. She HAD infiltrated Toni's company on behalf of SHIELD, after all. And in the course of discharging her duties as 'Natalie Rushman', she'd allowed Toni and Pepper to seduce her into a threesome, them thinking they were taking the uptight yet beautiful former model from legal.

It wasn't surprising that they'd felt a little betrayed when they found out she was a super spy specifically trained for seduction and assassination. It also wasn't surprising that they'd kept inviting her back to their bed on a semi-infrequent basis all the way until 2012, when Loki had attacked. From there on, Natasha and Toni had been fuck buddies whenever the mood struck, but never truly put a name to any of what they had. They were friends with benefits yes, but when the chips were down, sometimes Natasha had to make decisions that would hurt Toni.

Luckily, Toni had Pepper for the actual relationship stuff, because Natasha wasn't exactly what one would call a 'stable' significant other. Still, setting aside their... relationship status over the course of the years they'd known one another, Natasha was glad to see the technopath again. Glad to be back, even. But also... flabbergasted.

As they reach Toni's lab, the inventor letting Natasha in and finally letting up on the ceaseless prattling, Natasha walks inside a few steps, looking around... and then turns to pin Toni with her gaze.