xxx

-_-_-

(words: 1.917)

-_-_-

Liam's heart had dropped to his feet. Confusion and a sense of betrayal hit him like a slap to the face. The man that stood in front of him was someone he considered a friend, or at least, he used to consider as a friend. This could've probably been a sick joke and Louis was going to laugh and put the gun by his side and tell Liam that he should've seen the look on his face.

But he knew Louis and he doubted he could go this far with a prank. Aiming at him with a possibly charged gun? Didn't sound like Louis. More like a psychotic Louis that had suddenly turned into a traitor.

As he stared at the man he considered his friend, holding a revolver that was pointing almost directly at his head, the one question running through his mind wasn't "is he going to shoot?" but "why is he going to shoot?". He wanted the answer to that question, but at the same time, he'd rather keep it a mystery.

Liam held his slightly shaking hands in front of him, gulping the thick lump in his throat as he tried to organize the words in his head. He eyed the weapon slowly, analyzing the fact that Louis, did in fact, have one finger on the trigger, teasingly bringing it barely even millimeters back. His eyes then roamed up to Louis' face, which held a hard expression, but was still unreadable. Liam was going to say something, he doesn't know what words were going to leave his mouth, but he was not-so-gladly interrupted by Louis' movement of cocking the gun side to side. That made his jaw snap shut.

"I don't wanna shoot you, man." Louis spoke lowly, his hair spiking up and down in various directions do to his previous sleeping. But Liam was almost sure Louis knew this was going to happen and he was waiting for this. "Just, don't move for a couple of hours."

Liam tilted his head to the side, a look of disbelief and slight fury was sketched onto his face. "Not move for a couple of hours? Zayn is in trouble and here you are, aiming a gun at me." He never thought that the biggest backstab he would ever receive would be straight to his face. And with a gun. And from Louis.

"Liam, just believe me when I say that it's better you back off. Dean knows what he's doin-"

"Dean is a fucking maniac that's planning on hurting Zayn." He interrupted, cautiously taking a step forward, his shoes quietly clicking against the hard wood floor of Louis' home.

Louis pointed the gun straight at him again, his eyebrows knotting together as he aimed right in the middle of Liam's forehead. "Liam, I need you to take a step back and let Dean handle this. This is private business."

"It's not private when my Zayn is involved." He roared, pointing at his own chest as he took another step. "Especially when it's a life or death situation."

Louis was shaking by this point, only able to pull the trigger back a few millimeters. "Take one more step," He let out a breath and pursed his lips tightly before speaking. "and I'll kill you, Liam." His voice quivered and it honestly sounded like he meant it. But the gun being pointed at Liam was the deal breaker.

The decision was dire, but Liam took a step, his forehead was barely touching the tip of the muzzle. He held his breath, unnoticeably and was relieved when Louis didn't move a muscle.

"You're bluffing." Liam said lowly, looking straight into Louis' eyes, which were red around the blue irises.

Louis slowly brought the gun down, painfully slow. His eyes were on Liam's as he let out a breath through his nose and he nodded. "I am." He admitted, quickly licking his bottom lip nervously. "But that doesn't mean I can't shoot you." And Liam watched, in almost slow motion as Louis aimed the gun at his thigh, ready to pull the trigger.