xxxii

-_-_-

{words: 2.243}

-_-_-

"Who the fuck is 'Niall'?" Harry said harshly as he followed Liam's instructions to their next destination.

Liam stopped himself from rolling his eyes in an exaggerated way. "He works with me and he's pretty good with computers." He pointed at the photo the was sent to him on his phone. "I think he can help us find out where the message was sent."

"Is he going to point a gun on us just like your other workmate?" Harry asked bitterly.

This time Liam rolled his eyes. "I doubt Niall even owns a gun. Or the guts to even do such a thing." Liam looked out the window nervously, his legs bouncing up and down as the image of Zayn kept popping up in his head. He squeezed his eyes shut and let out a heavy sigh. "Do you think we'll make it in time?"

Harry quickly glances over at him and decides to play dumb for a moment. "In time for what?"

"To save Zayn." Liam let out another shakey sigh and purses his lips, remembering how everything fell to pieces so quickly.

He hoped there was still time to put those pieces back together.

Harry doesn't say anything for a few seconds. He was deciding on what to say without being harsh. It was strange because he was always such a blunt and apathetic person, he really didn't care about other people's feelings. But with Liam it was different.

He was a hard working man and he knew that he deserved the best. In Liam's eyes, Zayn was the best there could ever be. If Liam lost Zayn, the man would quickly crumble and break, turning into nothing.

Because Zayn was his everything.

Harry let out a breath, hoping that Liam would take his words in a positive way. "I can't promise you anything." He began, being completely honest. "But I'm willing to take a bullet just for Zayn to be okay."

Liam looked back at him, the way he's staring at him shows disbelief and some sort of gratitude. He remained silent for a few seconds before speaking. "I'd take a bullet for Zayn any day, as well."

Liam didn't question why Harry would risk his life for Zayn. He knew he had a soft spot for the boy, and that he felt somewhat guilty for all of the negative things he had caused. Zayn was a good person, never would he cause any harm, all he wanted was to be happy like everybody else.

When they finally made it to Niall's home, the two men ran over to the front door. Liam frantically rang the crooked doorbell, only to knock on the door loudly a few seconds later.

"You sure he's here?" Harry asked after a minute of nobody answering.

"He has to be; it's way too early for him not to be—"

The door swung open and a tired looking Niall stood there scratching his fake blond hair. He wore a cheap t-shirt with a stain on it and loose basketball shorts, he had obviously had just woken up from a slumber.

"Li? What the hell, it's like seven a.m." He complained, his eyes squinty due to the sunlight that had just hit his face.

Harry ignored Niall's complaints and grabbed Liam's bicep and pulled him in, pushing the Irish boy aside. "Where's your computer, Lucky Charm?" He asked roughly, looking around the messy living room with pizza boxes and dirty clothing on the ground and furniture.

Niall felt offended by the nickname and closed the front door. "It's Niall, you mop-head." He defends and looks at Liam. "Who the hell is this wanker and why is he in my home?"