xxii

-_-_-

(words: 4053)

-_-_-

*smut*

There were many reasons why Zayn could've have been smiling that night, cheeks tinted with a soft light pink, his eyelashes batting.

It could've been because Liam was holding his hand tightly as he guided him towards the beautiful restaurant that was just a few meters away from them. It was also because Liam had remembered his birthday and had decided to treat him for a fancy dinner. His cheeks were probably rosey because of the cold weather and the snow surrounding them, but it was mainly because Liam had been calling him 'baby' and 'beautiful' all day.

It was nice to know that his relationship with the older man was starting off well (but not counting the night when he had argued with him and ran away. Zayn had forgiven him the morning he found himself in his bed), Zayn could probably say it was the happiest he had ever been. He doesn't recall any previous relationships, but he knew that nobody was willing to date a shy boy who lived on the streets. Only Liam had given him a chance and he sincerely doesn't want to know what would've happened if hadn't.

So as they approached the restaraunt doors, Liam turned back to give Zayn a small smile that could still melt his heart. Zayn smiled back, looking down at feet as he pushed some of the snow around it, away.

Liam opened the door, letting Zayn go in first. The younger boy giggled and muttered a 'thank you' as he stepped into the restaurant.

His eyes widened at the beautiful large room in front of him. Classy music played in the back, a large chandelier was in the middle of it. Many people (who looked like sophisticated and important ones) sat on their tables, eating as well as using their table manners.

He immediately felt insecure and out of place. He was nowhere as near to being as classy and sophisticated like the people surrounding him, feeling the judging eyes roam around his body.

Liam walked in, snapping Zayn out by helping him remove the coat he had on, handing it to some worker. Zayn thanked him again, his hand being taken by Liam's bigger one as they check in.

A waitress soon came by and guided them to their reservated table, which was nowhere near the other table. She opened a door, which lead them to a beautiful and large balcony with shiny lights, vines and flowers. There was a beautiful view of the city, the bright lights of the buildings and cars almost fully illuminating the balcony. In the middle, was a table for two that had a silky cloth on it.

Zayn turned to look at Liam with a big smile on his gorgeous face. "This is beautiful, Liam." He squealed quietly at the end, gripping onto his upper arm.

"Anything for the birthday boy." He smiled back, bringing him over to sit down on the table.

The waitress placed the menus in front of them, telling them that she'll be back in a bit to take their orders.

"Would you mind bringing a piece of coloring paper and crayons, please?" Liam quickly asked her before she could leave.

Of course, she gave him a strange look but disguised it with a smile and a nod, walking away.

Liam gave her a quick 'thank you' as Zayn smiled politely at her. Both picked up the laminated menus in front of them and began to skim through, searching for a meal that would satisfy them.

"Anything special you want, baby?" Liam asked, his eyes still on the menu as he flipped it over to look at the other side.

Zayn bit his lip; everything on the menu looked so delicious and his mouth was watering at the sight. He could order all if he had the stomach to handle the large amount of food, but he decided to order the cheapest thing he could find.