39. After all this time

AJ
At this point, I was unarmed and walking up to Bailey's apartment. I stood at the stairwell, my phone in my hands. As I walked, an idea popped into my head. I removed my FBI vest and kept walking, the earwig still in my ear.

"You at the apartment?" Hotch asked.

"Nearly." I spoke back, my hand up to my ear.

Dialling Spencer's number, I waited for a few minutes before he answered the call.

"Well hello, AJ. It's been a while." His voice sounded normal again, like he had slept.

"Y- Yeah, it has." I was angry at him, but I couldn't let my emotions get in the way. I needed to focus on saving Bailey and the twins.

"I was beginning to think that you'd never talk to me again." Spencer admitted.

"We can change that, Spencer. I'm at the apartment. I'm outside." I let him know, feeling my heart race.

"You are?" He almost sounded happy.

"Yes. I'm outside the apartment. I'm unarmed, I don't have a vest on. I have nothing that can stop you." I took a deep breath in, knocking on Bailey's apartment door.

Dropping the phone, I watched as the door opened to reveal Spencer. His hair was definitely longer than I remembered it. He had a bit of stubble and he looked semi-rested.

I held my hands up, showing him that I wasn't armed. He went ahead and put his hands all over my body, checking that I had nothing on me that could stop him. As his hands went up and down my legs, my breath hitched, feeling a little scared.

"See. I have nothing." I nodded, being let inside.

"W- We have a lot to talk about." I smiled.

"Yeah. We do." His smile dropped.

"H- How about we go into my old bedroom. Save our conversation from being heard by Sophie and Archer, huh?" I asked, watching as he nodded. He angrily grabbed my arm and shoved me into my told bedroom, locking the door behind him.

"Okay, now that we're in the bedroom, away from the twins and Bailey, let's talk." I requested, signalling to Hotch and the rest of the team to come in quietly.

"I'd rather not talk." He smirked, planting his lips on mine. I wanted to push him away from me, smack him or yell at him to stop, but knowing that I was unarmed and he most likely had a gun, I had no choice but to play along.

For the next 5 minutes, the kiss turned into something more passionate. For him, this must have felt amazing, like something he had been wanting, but for me, it was a nightmare, being kissed by the man who not only murdered three people, but kidnapped his own children and hurt my best friend.

"The kids and Bailey are safe with us. Get Spencer out into the open as soon as you can." I heard Hotch in my ear as Spencer kissed down my torso, reaching my stomach, a smirk on his face.

I cried, feeling things that once made me feel amazing, but now, they felt gross and horrible. I wanted the nightmare to end, but it wasn't going to end until Spencer felt complete. The kisses turned into a full make-out session. As most people could guess, the make-out session went further, and as it happened, I just wanted to forget about it. I wanted to let it happen so that I wouldn't be killed.

Before Spencer could go any further, I found an opportunity to fight back. I mustered up the courage to kick Spencer in the leg, making him cry out in pain.

"You bitch." He hissed as we proceeded to start a fist fight.

For the next 15 minutes, punches were thrown, kicks were landed and bodies were thrown against various objects strewn around the room. At one point, Spencer's gun landed near me, but before I could aim at him and shoot, he kicked my hand and forced me to wince in pain, allowing him to grab the gun.

Just as he aimed it at me, I hastily stood up and punched his face. He shot at me when he moved as a result of the punch. The next thing I knew, I was falling to the floor, my hand instantly going to my chest. As I held my chest, feeling a sticky liquid on my hands, I heard the bedroom door slam open. My vision going blurry, I barely saw as Spencer was arrested by Morgan, Emily and JJ dropping to the floor beside me. I felt something covering up the lower half of my body as I struggled to stay awake.

JJ was holding her hands against my chest, hoping to reduce the bleeding, while Emily begged for me to stay awake.

"AJ! Stay with us. If not for us, but for Sophie and Archer. C'mon!" Emily begged. I tried to squeeze her hand to show that I wasn't going to die, but my eyes started closing and the next thing I knew, everything went black.