Epilogue

Raising two 15 year-old geniuses was difficult. For 10 years, AJ dealt with taking Sophie and Archer to the jail so they could visit their father. But, somehow - after 10 years, Spencer's 25-year prison sentence turned into only 10 years. On one hand, AJ felt happy that he could finally get to be the father she had once imagined him being. But she also felt a bit weird allowing her kids to be around a convicted murderer. However, so much time had passed, and her kids had definitely proved to be wise beyond their age.

On Saturday morning, AJ made myself a cup of coffee while Sophie sat at the table, a Quantum Mechanics book in her hand as she peacefully wrote down notes. Somehow, Sophie and Archer had proved to be smarter than Spencer and AJ combined.

"Mom, have you seen my Quantum Mechanics book?" Archer asked as he searched the large bookshelf in the living room.

"Ask your sister." AJ smiled, pointing to Sophie.

"Seriously, Soph? I need it!" Archer was careful to take the book from Sophie's hand.

"I told you that we should have two copies." Sophie smirked.

"And spend over $150 on a new one? No thanks. You two used to share so much when you were children." She shook her head, smiling.

"Anyway, get ready. You're staying with your father this weekend, remember?" She smiled.

AJ watched as Sophie and Archer quickly packed a duffel bag each, stuffing them into her car.

The drive to Spencer's house was silent, mainly because Sophie was listening to classical music - like Spencer used to, and Archer was reading one of AJ's old Charles Dickens novels.

"We're here." She smiled, pulling into Spencer's driveway. AJ watched as Spencer walked out of his house and met them.

"Dad!" Sophie and Archer raced to give Spencer a hug. To be honest, AJ thought that he looked hotter than he did 10 years ago. That might have been weird, considering their past, but he looked good then, and he looked good now.

She handed the kids bags to them, watching as they walked inside the house they knew so well.

"Coffee?" He offered.

Since his release, he and AJ had worked to becoming friends again, if not for their sake, but for the kids. She had managed to forgive him over time, and the idea of having a cup of coffee with him didn't seem like a bad idea.

AJ followed him inside the house, watching as a small smile appeared on his face.

He poured a cup of coffee for both of them, sitting down near her at his kitchen island.

"So, uh, how's the teaching job at the FBI?" He asked her, sipping his coffee.

"It's great. It's not the BAU, but it's similar." AJ smiled, nodding.

"Yeah. Once you've worked for the BAU, there is no other job quite like it." Spencer laughed.

"Sophie and Archer are doing well. They both have A's in all of their classes." She showed Spencer their online reports, seeing the happiness on his face.

"That was bound to happen, considering who their parents are." Spencer placed his hand on hers and she didn't move away.

She was starting to see the old Spencer, the Spencer that she had first fallen in love with. The nerdy, awkward, nervous Spencer.

"Archer has taken up a love for his Quantum Mechanics book, and like you, Sophie has taken a liking to classical music." AJ smiled, feeling her heart race like it did 15 years ago.

"Jeez. It's like you've raised carbon copies of us." Spencer chuckled.

"It's like we've raised carbon copies of us." AJ corrected him, feeling it was only right to give him some credit.

"Please don't tell me that one or both of our kids have eidetic memories." Spencer exhaled.

"Neither child has shown evidence of that yet." She chuckled, finishing her coffee.

"Want a refill?" Spencer asked, standing up.

"As much as I would like a refill, my metabolism isn't as good as it used to be." AJ smiled, handing him her empty cup.

Spencer sat down next to her shortly after putting both their empty mugs into the sink. Seeing how close they were to each other, both Spencer and AJ felt something that they recognised - a spark. She knew he could feel it too, considering she watched his gaze go from her eyes to her lips.

On one hand, the idea of kissing Spencer seemed natural, considering the history that they had before things had changed so drastically - yet, on the other hand, she knew that kissing Spencer might not have been the best idea, considering what happened between them and what the result ended up being.

Without warning, Spencer placed his lips on hers, his large hands landing around her neck. The kiss was passionate. It was soft, yet full of love. AJ had missed this version of Spencer. As much as her brain kept yelling for her to pull away and forget it, her heart took over and the kiss turned into a make-out session that was moved to his couch. After a few minutes of heated passion, she pulled away, Spencer sitting up, adjusting his shirt.

She smiled, seeing how much both of them enjoyed the kiss.

"L- Let's not tell the kids just yet. We need to figure out what...this is." She gestured between them, seeing him nod in agreement.

Was AJ really about to rekindle a past romance with Spencer? Maybe.

Was it a good idea? Probably not.

Did either of them really care? Not in the slightest.

It might've been time to really begin the family they both wanted 15 years ago.

THE END