Chapter 3: The White Rose & Ice Queen

Leora POV

I stood leaning against the side of the main tree in the clearing. My book raised enough for me to read. My golden gown slightly ruffled from my rush to get here in the morning. Golden vines wrapped around a few strands of hair framing my face.

"Morning Petal, you look lovely as always" I heard Tedros' voice before I saw him

"Morning Petal, you look lovely as always" I heard Tedros' voice before I saw him. I looked up and saw him with a bright smile. Petal? That's a new one.

"Good morning, Tet." I said softly.

"How was your evening? I heard the most wonderful singing last night. Did you happen to hear it?"

"Yeah... I heard it. What did you think about it?" I asked a little insecure.

"Whoever it was could've been a Siren for how beautiful the tune was. There was so much emotion in it I stopped what I was doing the second the notes drifted through my window."

"She sounds like she's had a lot of practice" I responded a little shyly. He chuckled.

"I suppose so," I giggled and shake my head. I vanish my book which Tedros looks at in awe before his eyes widen and he pulls me away from the tree. I spotted Agatha leaning on it and made to at least call her away from it.

"Get off me!" We heard before the tree trunk seemed to explode sending dust and bark everywhere. Agatha let out a surprised shriek and jumped away covering her head. I spotted a small note in her hand and raised a brow.

This was when I realized Tedros' hand was on my waist, and he put himself between the explosion and me. I tilted my head up to look at him with wide eyes. His look was pissed as he looked over his shoulder at the green haired gnome teacher that had come out of the tree. I looked down at his hand and placed my hand over it making him look down at me. I looked back up and saw the shocked look, and a smile slowly coming onto his face.

"Arrrrrrahhhh." The teacher yelled, posing with his staff.

"Who are you?!" Agatha asked, disgruntled.

"I am the gnome of the blue forest," The green haired gnome said, making Agatha confused, I guess. I looked back up at Tedros and saw he was still in a trance looking down at me.

I poked him in the side making him let out an oof as he was snapped out of it.

"What was that for?" He asked whispering close to my ear. I held in a shudder as blush spread across my cheeks and to the tips of my slightly pointed ears.

"Pay attention to the teacher," I whispered back. He chuckled and squeezed my waist.

"But you're prettier though," he said pouting slightly. I blushed even harder and shook my head giggling.

"But I thought gnomes were supposed to be short." I heard Agatha say, making me frown.

"I thought princesses were supposed to be likable," The gnome said, making me and Tedros snort in unison. The gnome turned and walked away. "Welcome students! Gather round!" He called. Agatha rolled her eyes and turned in Tedros and my direction. "I need you all to sign in, so I know who survived and who didn't!" I giggled.