Chapter 10: Discord

Leora POV

I woke up already annoyed. Tedros helped me clean up the mess that was my room before leaving exhausted last night. I knew I had to get up however due to the Evers ball being in the evening. 

I rolled from my bed and immediately stepped on a small piece of leftover glass from my mirror, I must have missed last night. Cursing my sister in my head I limped to the bathroom and soaked in the tub letting the relaxing herbs in the tub heal the cut on my foot. I almost fell asleep but kept myself awake. 

I sighed as my body finally relaxed after the stressful few days. I didn't realize how much time passed until I looked through the skylight and saw the change of color in the sky. I squeaked in shock and climbed from the bath quickly doing my hair and my makeup before running to my closet and sifting through the dresses. I knew I'd be somewhat battling in this, so I had to make it reasonable.

I chose a beautiful regal looking olive green and gold dress. It was a soft but firm chiffon material that clung and shaped my waist before the tool under the dress poofed out the skirt a little. It has mesh sleeves with golden vine accents climbing around my arms centering on my chest where a small cut out was to show off a little cleavage. It was very taste-ful. I did light makeup and spun some golden vines into my curled hair. I placed a golden thin vine tiara on my head and golden hanging flower earrings to pull in the entire look. Under the dress I wore golden stilettos with gold vines acting as accents and straps. I looked at myself in the reflection of the bath and spun watching my skirt fly up but not high enough to reveal anything other than my shoes. I smirked and touched up my lipstick.

A sudden knock brought me out of prepping

I took a deep breath and walked to my door.

There stood Tedros with his back to me in cream and gold-colored knights' garments. He held a white rose. He turned, hearing the door open and froze when he saw me. His jaw slightly dropped.

"Hi" I whispered snapping him out of his staring.

"You look... wow" He said softly with an awed smile. I blushed and looked down briefly.

"You look 'wow' too" I said softly.

"I picked this for you" I heard him say. I looked up and saw him reaching out the rose to me. I smiled and took it gently from him and brought it to my nose inhaling and smiling once more.

"Thank you, Tedros. Come in while I put this in a vase." I said walking back into my room. I found a small vase and set up the rose as best as I could on short notice.

"Have I told you how beautiful you look tonight?" I heard Tedros call. I blushed and turned to face him.

"I believe the words you uttered were 'wow'" I teased. He chuckled and walked closer pulling me into his arms hugging me tightly.

"Well you look beautiful" He whispered, pressing his lips to mine. I giggled when we pulled away seeing the slight color change of his lips. I wiped his lips gently with my thumb, wiping the lipstick off him. He smiled and nudged my nose with his.