First Day

Day 1 ~In the Glade~

I wake up to the sky above me and for a second I am calm as I look up into the inky blue sparkling sky until I realize I can't remember how I got outside. I jolt up as I recall nothing, not my life, not yesterday, and definitely not the boy who is next to me. He jumps away from me startled by me "It's okay! Please I'm not going to hurt you!" the boy tells me holding out his large hands. "Who are you?! Where am I?!" I shout at him as I get to my feet and he shrugs a little "I'm Alby, I woke up here a month ago... That's all I know," he tells me and I scan around us.

There is nothing but a vast plain of grass around us, to the south, I see trees maybe a whole forest. There's also a rickety old house, but the thing that sets me on edge is the large stone walls around the entire glade. I feel a chill run down my spine "How did I get here?" I ask and Alby points a few feet away, "An alarm went off and then I found you, and some supplies in the box," he tells me, and I furrow my brows. "Anything else?" I ask and he shakes his head "I can't remember anything else. It took me a week to remember my name," he admits scratching the back of his head.

I stare out and move toward a few boxes, which I assume are the supplies Alby mentioned. I graze the spine of a notebook, it looks out of place in the box of what looks like food supplies. I pull it out, but when I flip it open I'm surprised by what I see. "Do you remember anything?" Alby asks and I nod, "I'm (Y/n)," I say as the same name glares back at me from the paper and that's not all it says. "Who's Gally?" Alby asks his eyes scanning the paper and I shrug "I don't know," I tell him honestly wondering the same thing.

'(Y/n), I love you - Gally' it's written messy, I guess he didn't have much time, but I close the notebook and set it aside. "How's the shelter?" I ask Alby ignoring the messy writing, Alby and I worked diligently that whole month trying to understand and survive in this world. By the time the next person came up, we had a proper shelter, turns out I had a talent for building things. We were clueless and wanted out, but that grew seemingly more and more impossible.

Soon (Y/n) learned grievers weren't the only thing she had to be afraid of.