Mission Happy

2 Years 8 Months and 20 Days -In the Glade-

"(Y/n)!" Minho calls to me as I sort through supplies, "What is it Minho?" I ask him before I see his face is grim. "It's that greenie from last month, Newt! He went into the maze," Minho tells me and I shake my head "Let's go!" I tell him before following him charging into the maze. "Newt!" I shout as we go further into the maze, "Stop, listen," Minho tells me holding an arm out in front of me to stop me. I hear the sound of crying and we turn the next corner to see Newt lying on the ground wrapped up in ivy.

It was obvious to us what had happened "Come on Newt, let's get you up," I tell him and he nods to me "My leg, I think it's broken," he tells us through sobs "it's okay man, we'll match you up," Minho tells him as we cut the ivy tangled around him and help him to his feet. He had his arms around our shoulders as he attempted to walk, but he could only hop. "Clint and Jeff are still asleep, so you'll have to settle for us as your medjacks," I tell Newt as we set him down in the medjack hut.

It's quiet for a while as Minho and I help the greenie "You can't do that again," I tell him as he stares up at the ceiling looking hopeless. "I know," he says breathlessly "Listen greenie, I know it seems hopeless right now, but it can always be worse," Minho tells Newt "We're a family here, we've got your back, okay?" Minho tells him as I finish securing the entire leg splint. "Okay," he tells Minho "If I ever see you near those doors again, I'm gonna put you on watch, do you hear me?" I ask Newt and he nods.

"Minho, let Wyck run alone today, I need you to help Newt get around today. I'll have Gally build you something to help you get around," I tell Newt and Minho before leaving to wake the keeper of the builders. I go to the sleeping area where I can here numerous snores, and my eyes search faces for the blonde. When I finally spot him I see him with red-rimmed eyes and they're wide open, "Gally," I call and he jumps at the mention of his name. "Oh, hey (Y/n)," he says and I give a slight smile trying to ease him but I can tell it does little good.

"I have an urgent job for you," I tell him and he gets out of his hammock with a jump "What do you need?" he asks and I point towards the medjack hut where Minho helps Newt out. "Newt broke his leg, I need you to make his crutches," I tell him and I see him squint at the two in the distance. "How'd he do it?" he asks and I wave him off "Not important," I tell him and he nods "I'll get started now," he tells me before stalking off towards the shed.

I watch him go and feel sad by the reality surrounding the glade, we're all broken kids. I go to the homestead with a mission in sight. I pound on Alby's door with a heavy fist, and when he opens the door I see a very frustrated Alby. "What?" he asks pinching the bridge of his nose "We need something to distract the gladers. I need something to make them smile, even if it's just for one day," I tell him and Alby shakes his head with a smirk.

"Like what?" he asks and I shrug "A game," I tell him, and then the idea takes shape in my mind. "A fighting circle," I tell him and Alby furrows his brow "How is that going to solve anything?" he asks and I smile "They'll be fighting me, and they can bet and make deals with me," I suggest and Alby scratches his neck "This can only happen at bonfires, we don't have time for them to stop working," Alby tells me and I nod. "I guess I'll be at the next bonfire then," I tell him and he smiles "It'll be good to have you back," Alby tells me.