Prepare Your Fighters!

2 Years 8 Months and 30 days-In the Glade

I hadn't spoken to Gally in a week, we'd both been content avoiding each other, but tomorrow was the bonfire and I needed him. I approach the builder and can see his nose turn up in a scowl "What do you want?" he asks annoyed and I cut my eyes at him "Watch your mouth Gally, and follow me," I tell him and he grumbles but doesn't argue with me. I walk towards the bonfire circle and come to a sandy area I'd marked off. I'd created a barrier of some sort with rocks, sticks, etc. 

"I need you to help me comb through this sand again, and then tomorrow I need you to fight the boys who challenge you," I tell him and he narrows his eyes "Why do I have to fight them?" he asks angrily and I sigh "because, number one I can't guarantee that I'll win anymore, seeing as I'm still healing. Number two I can trust you to win so that I don't have to lose too many deals, and three against your popular belief I trust you," I tell him and Gally crosses his arms looking at the fighting circle.

"What do I get out of it?" he asks and I cross my arms in response "Me allowing you to live inside the glade another day," I tell him and he shakes his head "Then no," he tells me and attempts to walk away, but I grab him by the back of his shirt collar. "What do you want Gally?" I ask and he is quiet for a minute, "I want to read your journals," he said and I furrow my brow outraged by the demand. "You can't seriously expect me to agree to that?" I ask enraged and he smirks angering me further. 

"It's either let me read them or find yourself another punching bag," he tells me and I release his shirt from my grasp "Deal, but you have to win every fight tomorrow night," I instruct him and he gives a smug grin "to easy," he replies and I want to attack him. "Get to work," I tell him as I squat down to comb through the sand for anything that could unintentionally hurt the gladers. We work in a simmering silence until the dinner bell rings throughout the glade, and I can't wait to get to the dining hall and away from Gally and his attitude.

I grab my bowl and go to Alby "I got him to agree," I tell him and Alby smiles almost knowingly "You don't sound too happy about that, what did he get you to agree to?" he asks me and I bite the inside of my cheek in irritation "If he wins every fight, he gets access to any and all of my journals. Maybe he wants to see if I'm lying about not knowing him or whatever," I responded looking at the builder not far away talking to Frypan.

"Can you blame him though (Y/n)? This is why you should have told him in the first place," he continues to pester and I lightly smack his arm "Stop telling me that you sound like a broken record, I'm not going to keep explaining my motives," I tell him before I resign myself to a silent dinner. As I eat I think about how it'll be too easy for Gally to win every fight the boys will just think of it as fun unless I give an incentive. I look around the room to ensure nearly every glader was in attendance before rising to my feet. 

I climb onto the table I was eating at and do my glader call a long whistle causing each gladers focus to fall on me. "Listen up! As you know tomorrow is Greenie day, and that means a bonfire an a short work day. Gally and I have a treat for you, a fighting circle, you'll fight him and make bets with me. If you win you get anything you want, within reason, but if you lose you get nothing," I tell them and the chatter instantly begins to pick up. 

I smile at the look Gally send my way, it screams this means war.