Does he know?

Lilith Azar
Six months later

I grinned, watching Alexandre let his eyes stare at every corner of the foyer of our new home "Do you like it, baby?" He doesn't know yet that I've purchased this house for us; it was an impulse buy, but it feels right.

He gazed at me over his shoulder with a grin "Have you outgrown your precious flat?"

I chuckled "I've been thinking a lot about where my life is going and this seems like a step in the right direction; I know I'm not old, in fact my frontal lobe isn't fully developed yet, but I think this is a place where I would love to settle. I'm not saying goodbye to my flat, but this will be my main residence once it's furnished."

Alex made his way to the kitchen, which was recently finished— I've been working on this residence for six months now, and the refurbishing is finally finished, now it's a waiting game for all the furniture to be here.

"It has a big kitchen with a view to the gorgeous backyard," my boyfriend said as he stood behind the kitchen island; this is a view I never want to forget. "Great for cooking and watching the kids at the same time, eventually," Alex smiled at me "just as we've talked about many times."

My smile softened as I placed my bag on the counter "So you could see a future with me here?"

"Mon amour, I can see a future with you anywhere," he approached me. "In your flat, in my house, here, anywhere," his arms wrapped around my waist. "I love you, Lilith, more than anything in the world and I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

My heart commenced racing as my face grew hot "I want to spend the rest of my life with you as well," I gently squeezed his arms— I have to make sure this isn't a dream. "So, would you like to move in with me once this house is finished? There's a spare room for you to do whatever you want with it— make it an office space, your man cave, a space for yourself—"

"A nursery," he told "I would like it to become a nursery."

I chuckled "There's already a room designated for that, and I hope we can fill it with a little life, soon."

"Me as well," he reached down for my thighs to pick me up. "Should we start now?"

I nodded, looking at his lips "Sounds like a fantastic idea."

Ace Carlyle

"What are you doing here?" Lucien asked as he handed me a water bottle.  "We are not even open yet."

I shrugged "There were a lot of thoughts going through my head at home, so it was better for me to be somewhere else, where I wasn't alone."

Lucien sighed "What about that therapist I told you to see? Did you make an appointment?"

I shook my head as I took a sip of the water "I don't need a therapist."

"A therapist is what you need with upmost urgency, my dear," he declared and he's not wrong. "You've had that number for six months, why haven't you made an appointment?"

"Because I'm scared it will trigger the person I've been trying not to be for six months," I explained. "Last night I got a text from Lotus and she said she is happy about my progress so I'm allowed to visit my kid in a week; she wants time to prepare Emilia."