To manage loving

Lilith Azar

"So, I've heard from a little bird that you're planning on moving in with Sauv," Arabella said as she placed down her wineglass.

I nodded with a shy smile as my cheeks turned hot "Yeah, I took him to the house today and tomorrow I have a call with an interior designer — he's so excited to embark on this new chapter of our relationship."

She smiled at me "I am happy to see you're happy. You've always said you wanted a great love that would last forever, and now it seems like you're there."

"It doesn't seem," I corrected "I am." My right eyebrow arched "Is everything all right, Arabella?"

Her smile softened "I just don't want you to get hurt."

"I'm not," I assured, reaching for her hand "Alexandre is a good man and we are going to grow old together, just like you and Apollo will."

Arabella softly nodded "Sometimes I want to cut that man into pieces and throw him in a trash bag, but most days are good."

We both laughed at her comment and continued having dinner. It was as lovely as it always is; Arabella is great company— not a dull moment whenever she's around. Everyone speaks so highly of her it's unbearable but it's always quite impossible not to do so when she's so good.

After saying our goodbyes, Ace and I walked back to the Hôtel De Paris— where I'm staying. We walked because the fresh air helps me clear my head before going to bed. Though there are a lot of things in my mind, none of them are problems that need to be solved, so that's great.

"How does it feel to finish your first solo day?" I asked Ace as we entered the lift, and he pressed the button for me.

"I'm proud of myself," he replied and it made me smile. Ace is a good person who has made some awful mistakes, but he takes responsibility for what he's done and is willing to better himself. I mean, that only happened recently, but it's still happening. Most people deserve a second chance.

"Good, you should be," I assured. "Tomorrow will be an easy day because I only plan to go shopping, and maybe go for a ride around town, but I'll go easy on you," the lift doors opened on our floor.

"You always go easy on me, Lilith, and I'm thankful for it," he said, keeping his distance behind me.

I smiled at myself; it makes me happy to make someone feel safe because it's part of my job as an employer "It's a pleasure, Ace," we stopped in front of the suite and he opened the door with the key.

Once we walked in, I said goodnight and made my merry way to my side of the suite — I always have one guard in my room when travelling. He has his own room on the opposite side of the suite. The common grounds — the living room — is filled with shopping bags, which are gifts from my client, but I won't open them until tomorrow.

It's been quite some time since I've traveled without a lover, so it feels weird to come back to the hotel room and just go to bed. No conversation, no raging sex, no joint shower, no nothing. Just silence.

So, after taking a shower and changing into my PJs, I knocked on Ace's door and he immediately opened it. He was in his navy blue PJs, brushing his teeth.

"Are you busy?" I asked.

Ace shook his head.

"Have anything to do after finishing that?" I pointed at his mouth.