You're impossible

Lilith Azar

"How's everything going with Emilia?" I asked as I walked into a guest bedroom — the one I usually use when visiting them.

"Good," Ace replied with a smile. "Brilliant, really — I'm grateful Lotus and Camilo have kept me in her thoughts."

I smiled back "They've always spoken highly of you with Emilia — very few things could've changed that; Lotus has always known you would make it out of the pain you've been living."

Ace nodded, approaching me "Are you going to tell me what happened now?"

I took a deep breath, sitting on the edge of the bed "Sauv was quite crass the last time we spoke; he told me I didn't have to watch my mother slowly die and he does."

Ace frowned "I'm sorry, Lilith," he sat down beside me and took my free hand. "Maybe he's hurting, but that's not an excuse to treat you so rudely. How are you feeling?"

I appreciate how understanding he is "I don't know; I love Sauv, but if I was in his position, I would never even think of treating him as he treated me..."

He nodded "Um, Lucien called me a couple of hours ago and told me Sauv went to the club to collect his things...he's moving back home, Lilith."

My chest felt heavy and my head commenced throbbing "And did Lucien mention if Sauv said anything about me?"

Ace shook his head "I'm so sorry. You don't deserve to be treated this way."

I threw back my tea "It's nothing really," I got up and his hand slipped away from mine. "I was ready for this to happen, it always happens," I paced around, feeling my heart in my throat. "People leave me; that's what they always do. They leave but I'm never sad, don't worry about me," I stopped in front of the window and raised my right hand to my heart in an attempt to regulate my breathing.

"Lilith, it's okay to not be okay," Ace said and I felt his gentle touch on my shoulders. "This isn't something you should normalise; feel all the things you need to feel."

My lower lip quivered "I bought us a house...we were supposed to be together forever and he left. Everyone always leaves, Ace," I sobbed, and felt a sudden weakness take over me. It was hard to control my emotions.

"Only a fool would leave you," his arms embraced me and kept me close, cradling my head. "Only people who don't know how to appreciate your worth leave — it has nothing to do with you." Ace's embrace made me feel safe and supported, as if I was able to break down and the world around me wouldn't crumble.

I continued to allow myself to crumble, to be the one consoled for once. It was liberating to have no limits as to what or how much can I feel.

Ace Carlyle

I convinced her to lie down after she had been crying for almost ten minutes in my arms. However, she asked me to join her so someone could hold her. Whenever I've seen her anxious or sad, she always gets physically closer to me – she sits with me or rests her legs on my thighs, and such. I believe she has a hard time asking for physical affection, but that's only an assumption since we haven't been in a friend-like relationship for long. Though these past months, I've only seen her be physically intimate – outside of work – with Sauv.

"I'm not going to leave you, Lilith," I assured as she continued to sob into my chest. "I promise that as long as I'm alive, you'll have me."

Lilith sniffled as she gazed up at me with her red puffy eyes "You don't have to promise that to me, Ace."

"But I want to make that promise," I tried to reassure her with a soft smile. "And I don't want you to believe I'm making it because you helped me."

She simply dipped her face into my chest "I don't wish for you to wrap an anchor around your neck; I will drag you down."