Do you not know how to share?

Lilith Azar
Three days later

I stepped out to the balcony, taking a deep breath "You do know most people would have to work for at least five lifetimes to afford a view like this one?"

"Umm," Ace hummed from the kitchen "then it's good I was born with a trust fund."

I smiled and took a sip of my wine "Yeah, me too. It's so convenient, I love it."

Ace chuckled "Yeah," he stepped out with me and topped off my glass. "That explains a Bentley being your first car."

My eyebrow arched "Okay Lamborghini at 19."

He laughed "Dinner is ready, come on."

"I was going to suggest eating outside, but it's so bleeding cold," I groaned, wrapping my arm around his, looking for some heat.

"It is, come on," he pulled me inside and closed the doors behind me. Ace left the curtains open, so we could still enjoy his view.

"Are you excited about tomorrow?" I asked as he pulled out the chair for me.

Ace nodded with a smile "Yes, I miss my little girl like a madman. I got her a couple of presents when I was out yesterday, I hope she likes them."

"I'm sure she'll love them, Ace," I said as he sat across from me. "I hope these days I've been staying with you haven't been a bother—"

"Not at all, Lilith; your company is something I thoroughly enjoy. Plus, this place needed some life injected into it, desperately, and you have brought that with you. So, thank you."

I smiled as my face turned hot "To being flatmates," I raised my glass.

Ace chuckled as he clinked his glass with mine — he's drinking artisanal soda "To the best company."

My smile grew into a grin "You're welcome, darling."

The man chuckled once again as he settled down his glass. "So, are you going to the club tomorrow?"

I hummed, taking a sip of the wine — excellent choice from my behalf. "I don't think so. Lucien has been keeping me updated."

"And..." Ace raised an eyebrow.

"Well, nothing. He's in charge, for now at least."

The man nodded "What of Sauv? Have you heard anything from him?"

Knowing the nature of my answer hurt "No. It's been radio silent since I last spoke to him; I don't really know where we stand."

Ace sighed "I wish you had more answers — I know how much you loathe being in the dark."

"It's not the being in the dark. He's just completely cut me off, as if the last six months meant nothing to him," I twisted my fork in the middle of the plate to retrieve some pasta. "It shouldn't come as a surprise...that's what my uncle did, and now Sauv, so maybe I'm the problem."

"I would never do that to you, Lilith," he stated with assurance.

My sight immediately lifted to look at him as my cheeks turned red "Don't be so sure, Carlyle. You'll probably want to drop me in a month or two." This is my defence mechanism; preparing myself for imminent abandonment — it's better if I prepare myself.

Ace's hand reached for mine and I allowed him to take it "You never left me, even when you had no business being by my side. Sure, your care was not conventional but it matters; it is only because of you that I will be able to see my baby tomorrow. You do so much for other people, I am so sorry you have to live preparing yourself to be abandoned like this."