First roadside stop

The hotel that I am staying at was called the "Spotes Motel". It appeared to be hotel with only one single floor. There were three other vehicles in the parking lot. Just as we got off at the hotel, I noticed that there was a flag at the motel's main office. It didn't look like the American flag. The design of it is that there were 20 fists in the flag. These fists were copper in color. There was a black cross in the background. The fists appear to be aimed towards the different parts of the cross. The black cross divided the flag into four different parts. Each part had a crimson red rectangle. Each rectangle either had eight or seven fists in them. The cross had a circle in the middle. This circle had a crown inside of it. The circle does seem to have a dark gray color to it. While the crown had a gold color to it. We waited inside until Mom came back with the room keys. She told us to carry our bags to the room. The bags were set on the ground next to the beds.

Then Mom asked us to follow her to the museum. Abigail somehow knew what she meant. Next door to the motel was the museum. It was about five stories high. Mom mentioned that the museum only gives tours during the evening. Every other time it is just a self guided tour. While walking to the museum, with the help of the iPad I asked Abigail about the flag flying above the main desk. "That's the Spotes flag." Abigail told me. "Why is it hanging over the hotel?" Carol questioned. "You see, the people in the U.S have a thing for preserving historical sites and artifacts. The Spotes flag is one of these historical items. There's even a society who tries to preserve some of America's history. It is called the ." Mom explained to me. "Did the flag belong to one of the sides that fought each other during the Agricultural Civil War? Why do they still hang it over the motel after the war was done for some time? The war was a terrible time." Carol remarked. "You don't have to worry about that. There's nothing wrong with the flag. It's just that the people who live in the eastern part of the United States don't like it when groups who try to anything bad would use this symbol. They still hang it over so that they could remember the bad time. By doing this, they could prevent another civil war from happening in the United States. Even though the war was pretty bad. People think it's important to learn about the past. That way we could learn from the mistakes of their ancestors so that history won't repeat itself for the worst." Mrs. Wouters answered. "What kind of bad groups would use the Spotes flag?" The voice from the iPad pumped my sister and mother. "The people who use it are usually rebel groups. They are not happy about the presidents or the government itself. They think the way to fix America is to divide it into two separate nations. This has some bad consequences. Though we haven't seen any groups in the media today who would want to use it for malicious purposes." Mom replied.

"This museum was known as the Spotes museum. This is a special place. We can get to learn a bit about the Separatist Provinces of the East and what they wanted to fight for. I did some research about it before the end of school." Mom explained. Just we entered the museum, there was elderly man who met us at the entrance along with a tour guide. "Weelcome to the Spotes museum." The man said with a polite tone of voice. "Thank you." Abigail replied to him. A few other people came to the museum. Just then, the tour guide got out from the front desk. Another tour guide came out from a doorway from behind the desk. Perhaps that's where the main office is of the museum. "Alright, welcome to the Spotes museum. My name is Sarah, and I will be your tour guide for this evening. I'm going to start by saying that before all of this was a part of the United States. This place was the ground for the Separatist Provinces of the East. And these states were called provinces at the time. Though you can say that these places were smaller than Canadian provinces." As she talked, I looked around the room. There were pictures of soldiers on the wall. In another picture there was a group of five men holding the Spotes flag. Above the wall next to the desk was a sword in a scabbard. "At the time the people from the west called us Spotes which is the same name that we gave our army. That term is now pretty rude today. The politically correct way to call people who live in the east is easterners." With those words said, the tour guide led us to another part of the museum. This part of the museum had a few maps and looked more like an office. There were about seven different maps in the room. There was a map of the North American continent. This continent had the countries of Mexico, Canada, and what appeared to be the United States. The country of the Unites States was divided into two different countries. One country for sure had to be the Separatist Provinces of the East. "So this was an office belonged to a general in the army. Actually, this office was place for the generals to meet with the commanding officers. They would talk about what military maneuvers they would have to do in the front lines. This office was actually used by all military officers." The tour guide explained as she went stand next to the desk.