Rogers battle site

After our stay in Flippin, we all packed our bags and got ready to go to the next town on our road trip. From what I remember, we are going to be stay at the town called Rogers. The town has a battle site. I don't think that there was anything haunted about the last battle site Jonesboro. I didn't see any ghosts there. The car pulled out of the parking lot. The road trip was pretty calm. There were a few trucks and a few cars that went down the road in both directions. "What do you think about the Rogers battle site? Can't wait to see what is there." Carol said sounding enthusiastic. "Hold on Carol. We have to get there first." Mom spoke while driving. I looked out of the window. All I saw was many trees and very little road signs. The car managed to get to the town of Rogers during the day. It was about time to have supper. So we ate at a Smokin' Joes BBQ restaurant. I think I ate a steak.

The rest of our family calmed down after that part of the road trip. The food helped us to get our minds off the long trip. We stayed at the local Holiday Inn. As we got our bags into the room, Mom had an announcement to make. "Tomorrow, we will visit the battle site. I just hope that everybody is good while we visit the place." "Don't worry Mrs. Wouters, we are always good when we go to visit museums and any battle sites. I think nothing bad happen to us while we were visiting the Jonesboro battle site." Carol assured her. Of course, she remembered her crazy adventure with the medallion that allowed her to travel back in time. Up until now, she hasn't told anybody about it. Abigail turned on the TV. She wondered if there was something good to watch. Just then, Carol tapped me in the shoulder. "Charlotte, can I talk to you alone?" She asked me. I went to find my iPad. Mom handed it over to me. "Are you going to be talking to somebody?" Mom asked. Before I was going to type a response, Carol interrupted. "Yes. We just want to talk to ourselves about the wonderful times we had during our trip to the United States. I didn't think that the trip would be this much fun for me. Besides the ghosts and anything scary we saw during the trip. I really had a great time being at any place with my friend Charlotte." Mom smiled. "Well I'm glad that you had a good time Carol. Most times when we go on road trips It's just me, Abigail, Charlotte, and her father. However, since he is busy with things back home, we had to find somebody else." She stated. I followed Carol to the hotel's bathroom. I had the door closed behind me. "What is it Carol?" The voice from my iPad asked for me. She looked at the bathroom door, then she looked at me. "Charlotte, remember how I said that the Jonesboro battle site was not haunted?" Carol queried. "Yes. That was before we left Flippin." I replied. "Well, that wasn't entirely true." My friend announced.

Before I was about to type down a reply on my iPad, Carol stopped me. "When you try to say something to me, can you show me the screen and not let the voice say the words for you?" She requested. I didn't know if I could handle it. I am very use to doing the same thing everyday. I thought that if I tried to argue with her, she would never tell me something about the first battle site we saw that I would never know about. So I took a deep breath and typed a reply. Instead of letting the iPad's voice do the talking for me, I showed the screen to Carol. She looked at the screen and the message said, "What do you want to tell me about the Jonesboro battle site?" Carol told me about her adventure at the battle site. I couldn't believe my ears. I didn't think she have to go back in time to when the place still had Spote soldiers and troops from the Western States of America. I asked her about why she hadn't told me. "I didn't think that anybody would believe me. The only things that would ruin our visit to these great tourist attractions would be ghosts or monsters. I didn't think time travelling would be a part of the tourist experience." I thought for a moment. I started to type up a reply on my iPad. When I did typed up my message, then showed the screen to Carol. The message said, "Thank you for telling me Carol. Did the soldiers talk about who had started the civil war?". How the Agricultural Civil War started is still bugging me. I thought that Carol would have learned about the answer during her visit to the time of the battle. My friend shook her head. "No. All I know is that the war started with rumors about the plants. That each side might want to destroy them." Carol answered. My friend was talking using a whispering tone of voice. Then there was a knock on the bathroom door. I turned around to open it. I looked back at Carol. She nodded her head. I opened the door. Abigail stood outside. My friend and I walked out of the small room. I deleted the message that I had typed up on my iPad. The next morning, we had to pack our luggage into the car. "Don't worry, I said that we will be visiting the Rogers battle site, and that is where we are going today." Mom told us. I hoped that the experience at the battle site would be very different then the experience at the Museum of the East. The car left the hotel's parking lot. It was only on the outskirts of town, a short distance away. Once Mom had parked the car in the parking lot, I got out of the car. I waited until everybody was out of the car. The battle site had a dome covering it just like the Jonesboro battle site. Abigail thought that I was impatient. "Wait for us Charlotte!" She called.