The final stop before Canada

The next morning after breakfast, we went on the highway. After some time, we passed a sign that says, "Welcome to Minnesota State.". "So we are in Minnesota?" Carol questioned. "We sure are." Abigail stated as she drove further past the sign. "This is the last state we are going to be visiting before we are going to be crossing over into Canada." Mom announced. The car rolled along Highway 90. I looked out from the window where I was sitting. This part of the road trip was the same just like in every other day when we had to go out on the road. Carol watched out of her window. She watched as a few road signs pass her window. I wondered that after we get back into Canada, that there won't be anymore monsters or ghosts that we would see during the trip. "Where are we going to be spending the night Abigail?" Carol asked.

"We are going to be staying at Grand Portage. It's a hotel that's close to the border. I heard that they serve good food. It also has a nice beach to explore." My big sister explained. "Are there any museums nearby?" I pumped with the help of my iPad. "Not that I know of. Why do you ask?" Carol turned to look at me. I get the feeling that she was expecting to answer. Though the reason why I asked that question is because I was wondering if we were going to be seeing anymore ghosts or monsters. I didn't want to go to another place that has a ghost haunting it or any spooky stories. "I was asking because I was just wondering." I responded with the help of my iPad. "That sounds like a great answer." Carol agreed. It took us some time before we arrived at a big city that was known as Duluth. While we were on the highway, we passed a few towns and the big city of Minneapolis. Cars and trucks were driving up and down the highway. The cars and trucks all passed us. I think we might have passed a few cars since they were going slower than the speed limit. We got to Duluth just in time for lunch. Mom also had some gas pumped into the car. We were eating at a restaurant that was facing the water. In fact, this restaurant is next door to the gas station. The name of this restaurant was called The Lake Restaurant. As we got ourselves seated at a table, I looked at the environment nearby. There was a few pictures on the wall. Then I noticed a picture of a transparent girl that was standing on beach. The girl looked like she was about eight years old. There was also a giant wave that was coming to cover her in water. This picture was across the room from where we were sitting at. Abigail looked at the picture. Then she looked at us. "That's the "Wave Girl"." My big sister explained. "Is this going to be the last ghost that we are going to be seeing on this trip?" My mother asked. I began to type a message on my iPad. "You mean that's a picture of a real ghost?" My friend grilled. "Yes. It's a story that's been told around these parts. The Wave Girl." Abigail explained. "What is this ghost?" My iPad questioned. Though I had the volume lowered so that I wouldn't be causing a scene. "It's a sad story. It all started during the year of 2001. There was a family that was staying at Grand Portage at the time, a father, a mother, and a daughter. They decided to take a walk close to the shore. A short while later, the weather changed from a sunny day to a stormy afternoon. Rain came pouring down. The family were walking close to the shoreline. Just then, a big wave emerged from the lake and splashed on the three family members. The parents survived, but there was no sign of the girl. Rescue workers searched the lake and the surrounding beaches. Sadly, there was no sign of her. Ever since then, strange things begin to happen at the beaches surrounding this lake." Abigail began.

"This lake is called Lake Superior." Mom pointed out. "Is that the same lake in the story?" My iPad grilled. "It sure is." My big sister answered. I looked out the window next to where we were sitting at for two seconds. The waves were calm on a warm summer day. "What kind of strange things?" Carol asked. Abigail took a deep breath and told more of the story. "People that have houses next to the shores of Lake Superior, or people who have made roadside stops at places that were next to the lake itself have seen these strange things. At first they heard the sounds of a little girl calling for her mother and father. Then they had seen a transparent girl walking out from the lake. Other times, they have heard the sound of a little girl shouting for help." Carol looked at me. "So this little girl, is she the ghost people call the "Wave girl"?" I asked with the help of my iPad. "Yes. The body of this little girl was never found. People who live close to the shores of Lake Superior have talked about this story." My big sister answered. "That's sounds like a sad story, but do we have to order our food?" Mom reminded us. I had the menu opened up, and I told the waiter about my order. After a while, the waiter came back with our food with the help of a waitress. I had some fish and chips. After we finished our meal, Carol had something to say. "I hope that the body of this little girl could be found." "I hope so too. Though I am sad to say that the body of this little girl couldn't be found anymore. People have tried but they haven't found the body." Abigail joined in.