Visit at the Cherry Port Cherriple Orchard

During the car trip we went through the big city of Baltimore and Washington. The car trip today went by a little slow. The traffic from both of those cities were pretty bad. We had to wait for many minutes before we can get through. I didn't had my iPad with me because my sister has it. I remembered that she had to recharge it using a hotel power outlet in our room of the hotel. It had been about two hours before we were able to get through both of these cities. We then came off of the main highway and went down a road that goes to Cherry Port. "The place that we are going to is in Cherry Port. We have heard about an orchard over there that gives tours to visitors. There's also a restaurant there. So we should be able to rest for a bit there before going on a tour of the orchard." Abigail explained.

"So we get to see a real cherriple?" Carol asked. "Yes we sure do." Abigail replied. Mom turned the car onto a lane that goes onto a bridge. The way to Cherry Port is on the other side of the bridge. Once the traffic was clear, she accelerated and turned the car down the road towards Cherry Port. I wanted to take a look at the map so I can know where it is. Though I would have to ask my big sister about seeing the map first. The car made it to the area in no time flat. In under a few minutes, we approached a sign that said Cherry Port. The number of how many people live there is also present. While driving, I looked out of my window. There were a few buildings on the side of the road. There was a bait and tackle shop. There was also somebody who had a house with a backyard next to the lake. There was also a green sign which says that fishing here is prohibited. At the end of the line of buildings, there was also a wide driveway. It was made out of gravel. The road that went through town is paved. After a while, we arrived at a booth. Over this booth was a big sign. "Cherry Port's Cherriple Orchard." Was what was written on it. It was on the driver's side window. My mom purchased some tickets and drove right through. There were a lot of cars parked at the orchard. I waited until the car was parked before doing anything. As soon as the car was turned off, Abigail was the first one to get outside. It was a sunny day. I thought that this wonderful day should get my mind off of that SPOTE Gravedigger. Afterwards, Mom got out. That also meant that Carol and I immediately got out too. I looked back at the big sign we've went under as we got to the parking lot. "Alright everyone. Next stop is the restaurant." Abigail announced. Mom led the way onto the farm property. There was a small hill on the right side as people would come in. A house stood on the hill. A fence surrounded it. There was also a gravel road that went around the house. A sign was put on the left and right side of the gravel road facing the parking lot. The red sign said that parking in front of the exit of this dirt path is not allowed. There was another sign above the path that you walk on in order to see the farm. The trail was made out of gravel. After twenty seconds of walking on this path, we arrived at this gravel turnaround area.

A big red barn was seen a few feet away from the dirt turn around area. There was also a dirt track leading to the barn. A sign was next to the dirt track telling people that there is a small petting zoo in the barn's second floor. There was also a red building on the left. It had the sign that said, "Cherry Port Orchard's Eats". We entered the restaurant. The hostess that brought us to the table we were going to be eating at had a small table that was a barrel. As I looked at the barrel while walking to my seat, it had two lower shelves at the bottom. The tables were made out of wood. They were just wooden tables and chairs. We all had one of their soups on the menu. The items that were on the menu were soups, sandwiches, and even salads. I did see two dessert options, they were cherriple fruit salads, and fruit tarts. I had gotten the chance to try out the cherriple fruit tart. As soon as you taste the dessert, it might taste like a cherry. Though I think you can you can taste the difference in a few seconds more. The taste of the cherry can be amplified more then three or ten times. I smiled at the server as she came to pick up the dishes. The waitress smiled back at me. She brought the dirty dishes back to the kitchen. We then spent some time at the petting zoo. The animals that they had there were pretty small. It was located on the second floor of the barn. There was some guinea pigs, bunnies, some kittens, and cats. The animals were pretty friendly. The cats purred as we pet them. I never knew that cats would be this friendly. The last time I've seen a cat is when there was a wild cat that tried to scratch me as I got closer to it. That was during the recess of when I was in fourth grade. It turns out that it was a mother. She was only trying to protect her kittens. The feral cat moved her kittens to a part of the school grounds when nobody was looking during the night.