Jonesboro battle site

I let the crumpled letter fall into the recycling bin. I was a bit happy that somebody did felt sorry for something bad done to me today. The next day, we had breakfast at the hotel. "How are you feeling Charlotte?" Carol asked. Abigail handed me my iPad. I started to type a message on it. "I feel sore after the attack. I hope there's no other protestors at these other places we are going to visit." The voice from my iPad spoke. "Not for the next place. It's going to be the Jonesboro battle site. One of the few battle sites preserved since the Agricultural Civil War." Mom insisted. "The only few protests that I have heard of only happen at the outskirts of preserved cities. Nashville is just one of them." Abigail added. I felt better. So I smiled at everybody. Carol was wondering what is going to be happening at the battle site. "Mrs. Wouters, where is the battle site of Jonesboro?" She questioned. "It is further west of us. In fact, this town is located near Memphis. We are going to stay at the hotel of the town of Jonesboro. That's going to take us about a day to get there." Mom explained.

It felt good for me. I was able to sleep in the car for the trip to Jonesboro. The injuries that I got from the attack yesterday still hurt a little. The only time I woke up is when we had to have lunch. It was at a town called Arlington. We ate at a Dairy Queen. I ate a hamburger and an ice cream sandwich for dessert. I loved how the cold treat melted in my mouth. It helped me forget the bad time I had with the protestor. Soon after, we drove further west. We passed through the city of Memphis. It was a big city. The traffic that we had to get through was insane. Afterwards, we took a road that went in a slightly west yet in a northern direction. There was a lot of vehicles on the highway with us. I guess people are travelling during the summer time too. We made it to Jonesboro with just ten minutes before supper time. We ate at the Jonesboro Pizza Parlor. I loved the taste of their pizza. After that, we came to stay at a Country Inn & Suites hotel. Once we unloaded the luggage from the car, we all relaxed. There was also a pool there. I went to swim in it with my family and friend. After that, we went to sleep. The next day, Mom explained the place we are going to be exploring today. It was only on the outskirts of town. We all got into the car and drove off. It was easy to find the area. Since there was a dome covering the entire area. "It's just like the domed city." Carol pointed out. I thought of the city, all I had in my mind was the man who viciously attacked me. "This place is also protected by the United States National Historical Society Council." Abigail said as the car came closer. We went on the museum's parking lot. There was a building that allowed people to go into the domed area. I got out of the car. As I looked into the dome. I could see a field of grass. There were also cannons, and a gatling gun. I just hope that we don't see any protestors. When we got inside the building through it's glass doors, there were two other people here. They smiled at us as we looked at them. Mom went to get tickets for the tour. We went to sit in the lobby. There was some chairs and some small tables that were connected to the chairs. There wasn't any magazines on the tables. I guess that's because people wait in the lobby for a short while.

I stared at the floor and the wall across the room while we waited. Carol wanted to know if the waiting room had something interesting to show. There wasn't anything on the walls. Eventually, more people showed up. When the lobby was full, a staff member of the museum stepped towards the lobby. He whistled. Everybody in the lobby turned to look at him. They all went silent. The staff member introduced himself as Jay. He explained to us a bit about this battle site. The Separatist Provinces of the East and the Western States of America fought here in the winter of 1862. The battle lasted for nine weeks. Jay told us to stand up. We followed him and came upon a room where there was a few artifacts in a display case. There was a musket and an emblem for each of the sides that fought during the Agricultural Civil War. One artifact had caught Carol's eye. It was a medallion. It was gold and it had rubies and carnelians in its design. A red colored chain was attached to it. It could double as a necklace too. The image at the center of the medallion was an hourglass. As the tour guide was explaining, the medallion couldn't escape Carol's sight. The tour guide explained that both sides of the civil war both had their own share of problems. The Western States of America wanted to save on ammunition. So they only fired whenever enemy troops were only ten feet away. The crowd laughed about that. They thought that it was more of a joke. The tour guide explained that it was true. I didn't know what to say about that. I didn't bother to type on my iPad while the tour guide talked. The Separatist Provinces of the East had ration shortages. They had starved during the battle. Only three soldiers from the Separatist Provinces had died from starvation. Two more soldiers from the same army had died due to fights over the available rations. I could imagine the stress the commanding officer had when trying to calm down the troops.