Emporia battle site

We talked about our trip so far. We stopped at Wichita. Our car trip towards this town was very uneventful. We then had supper at the Doo-Dah Diner. I had a biscuit and gravy dish. It was very good. I think that Abigail ate a Smothered burrito. Carol ate fried chicken with hashbrowns and eggs. Mom had Brutus. From what I could recall, Brutus is a dish that is a tower of hashbrowns with some eggs on top. That night, I relaxed in the hotel room. I got the feeling that our visit to the battle site in Emporia isn't going to be normal. The night was very calm. I didn't dream about anything. The next day, we had breakfast at the hotel we were staying at. It was a Super Eight. I remembered that I had a waffle.

I smeared some syrup on it. Carol began to talk about the battle site. "So we are going to be visiting another battle site today." "We sure are. In fact this is the last battle site we are going to be visiting for a while. The rest of the places we're going to seeing during our road trip would be museums and perhaps some other domed areas." Mom added. "So, we aren't going to learn more about the Agricultural Civil War?" I asked with the help of my iPad. "Please keep your fingers clean when trying to use your iPad." Mom reminded me. "I don't think so Charlotte. You told us at the Bartlesville battle site that the person who started the Agricultural Civil War lived at High Plains. That's where we are going to be visiting next after Emporia." Abigail blurted out. "That's good news." Carol spoke after she finished a fork full of some scrambled eggs. The thought of not learning anything new about the civil war didn't bother me. "By the way, I wonder if the United States Civil War was just called that or if it was also called the Agricultural Civil War?" Carol wondered. "You can call it the Civil War or the Agricultural Civil War." Mom answered. I decided to finish my breakfast before I would use my iPad to talk again. "Even though Emporia would be the last battle site on our trip. We can still see the impact of the civil war upon the United States. We have learn that the Separatist Provinces of the East have created some fashion trends for the country today." Abigail mentioned. "That's just one part of the civil war. Remember the cherriple farm we have visited? The plant that grows that fruit has been argued about during the civil war. We even got to eat something with cherriple in it." Mom continued. "Oh yeah, I remember that. Wait! There's another plant that was also talked about during the civil war." Carol stopped. "That would be the wheatrain crop. We haven't seen that so much during the trip." Abigail interrupted. "True. I have a feeling that we might see some of those crops later on." Mom said as she finished her breakfast. "Where can we find some farms that grow the wheatrain crops?" I asked. I had wiped my hands on my napkin before using the Ipad. "That would be on the opposite side of the country. Remember, the eastern part of the United States has a lot of farms that grow the cherriple plant. The western part of the United States has farms that grow the wheatrain crops." Mom responded.

Before I was going to say anything else, Abigail interrupted. She told us that if we were going to be late for the battle site. We made sure that we cleaned ourselves up before making sure we had packed our luggage bags. Then we carried them to the car. I sat down in the back seat with Carol. "Which side do you think won the battle of Emporia?" The voice from my iPad pumped. "You will know when we get there." Abigail replied. She sat down in the front passenger seat. "It's going to be a surprise?" Carol asked. Abigail didn't bother to answer her question. "Just remember, at the end of the civil war, the Western States of America won." She told us. Just then, Mom came back from the lobby. She sat behind the steering wheel. I typed a sentence on my iPad. Then I could feel the car starting to move. I could also tell from looking outside of the window next to my seat. I waited until the car was on the road before I let the iPad read my sentence. "We had visited the museum of the east. Does that mean that there is a museum of the west too?" The iPad's voice queried. "You catch on well." Mom replied. "You just have to wait until we get to the museum." Abigail said with a smile. I didn't know what I was going to be saying anymore. I didn't anything else during the trip. I waited until we arrived at Emporia before speaking again. The traffic coming to and from Emporia was pretty busy. We managed to reach the town in no time. We had lunch before we checked into the hotel. The restaurant we ate at was El Lorito. I had Lunch #5. I didn't remember what the others had. It was a pretty good meal. Then we went to check in at a Holiday Inn. After we had left our bags at the room, we all went back to the car. Mom drove us to the battle site. It was pretty easy to see it from afar. Because the sun reflects off the glass dome that preserves the battle site. Mom parked at the battle site's parking lot. We all stepped out of the car. Carol looked all around to see if there is something that makes this battle site different than the others we have visited. Abigail led the way towards the building that separates the dome's interior from the outside.