The maze of wails

We got up the next morning. When we went for breakfast at the breakfast bar. Mom told me where we were going to next. "We are going to be heading through the state of South Dakota. I heard that there's an attraction that's going to be interesting. It's a scarecrow festival at the town of Sioux Falls. That's on the eastern edge of the state. It's going to take us two days to reach the area." Mom began. "Do you know which hotels we are going to be staying in?" Abigail asked. "I booked the hotels we are going to be staying at yesterday. We are going to be staying at Days Inn at the town of Rapid City. That's the town we are going to be traveling to today. So everybody, let's eat and get ready after." Mom announced. I remembered that I ate some oatmeal and some cranberry juice. Carol smiled as usual when she learns about where we are going to be staying at next. We cleaned up at our hotel room.

Soon enough, I had my bag packed and had it in the car trunk. When it comes to having clean clothes. Mom usually has our clothes clean at the hotels that have washing machines and dryers. When all of our bags were packed, Mom backed the car out from the parking space, and rolled out onto the road. I remembered that Mom checked us out of the hotel room before that. Then we were travelling down the highway. There wasn't anything interesting to look at during the road trip. I know that there were a few cars and trucks that were going down the same road we were on and in the opposite direction. There was one point during the road trip where we have actually crossed into the state of Wyoming for a short while. That was after we had travelled passed the town of Broadus. Though there wasn't any towns to see while we were in that stretch of road. It was nearly night when we reached the town of Rapid City. Mom managed to get us supper at Taco John's. I felt very tired by the end of the day. Mom got us the room at the Days Inn. I felt very tired once I got out of the car. The cold air met my face once I stepped out. I had to carry my bag until I reached the room. Then I let my bag down onto the hotel room floor. "That was a long day." Carol told everybody. We all took a bath and went to sleep at once. The next morning, Mom told us what the plans were for today. "We are now going to be travelling to the town of Sioux Falls. It's going to take us the whole day. After that, we can enjoy another tourist attraction: The scarecrow festival." "What is a scarecrow festival?" Carol asked. "It's a party where people celebrate scarecrows. I heard from Mom that there might be people who might dress up as scarecrows. All the way to scarecrow making contests." Abigail answered. "I wonder what else might be at a scarecrow festival." I pondered with the help of my iPad. "You will have to wait to find out Charlotte. We have to be at Sioux Falls to find out what the festival is all about." My mom told me.

After we cleaned up in the room, I made sure to check to see if I have everything here with me. My dirty clothes are in separate plastic bags. And the clean clothes were neatly folded in the bottom. I had my luggage bag placed in the car trunk like normal. I was in the car with Abigail, and my friend. It was a few minutes before Mom came back from the hotel lobby. The car roared to life. Abigail drove slowly through the parking lot and ended up in the parking lot entrance and exit. There was some traffic that went to and fro on the road. Abigail rolled the car through town and onto the highway to the town of Sioux Falls. There were a few cars and trucks on the road with us. I did see a few big signs belonging to the businesses located next to the highway. There were a lot of highway signs. Though they didn't seem to interest me. I had a nap during the trip to our destination. When it was evening, we could see the sun setting in the horizon. We managed to get to the hotel called Best Western. Mom told us that we are going to staying here for two nights. After we left our luggage at the hotel, Abigail took us for supper to the Mackenzie River Pizza, Grill & Pub. I remembered that I had the Willow Creek sandwich served with tortilla chips. I felt happy that the road trip was over for now. "So we get to visit the scarecrow festival after tonight?" My iPad asked. "Yes Charlotte. You just have to be patient. The fun is starting tomorrow." Mom responded. "I guess that's the last we will see of any Agricultural Civil War stuff." Carol announced. "Yes, that's it. But we can think of the fun things we can do tomorrow." Mom told me. "Maybe one of the scarecrows might be dressed up as one of the civil war soldiers." I exclaimed. "You never know." Abigial replied. "That would be too déjà vu for me. It's like the trip has been focused on that." Mom commented. "Well, not exactly. We saw some things that have been based on some of the things from the Agricultural Civil War. Like the cherriple and the wheatrain crops. They were a part of the Agricultural Civil War. At least, that's what both sides fought over." I told everybody with the help of my iPad. "True. Though I think that the documentary about the town of High Plains will help bring the truth of who caused the civil war to the people." Carol rendered with hope. "Let's hope that a documentary will be made about who caused the war." Abigail interrupted.