eighteen

[ shit's about to get real ]

✰ 

The plan was set in motion. 

It was past dawn and Kit flew beside Jake between the hallelujah mountains. Headpiece protecting her eyes, flying leathers and her bow in her hand made her every part the Omatikaya hunter she felt she was.

The comm around her neck was linked to everyone it needed to be. Norm was riding the Pa'li on the ground with the 300 horse clan and some of their own warriors, whilst Jake, Neytiri, Tay'kat, Tsu'tey all flew beside her, each with their own comm. 

The unit flew in an arrow head, with Toruk Makto leading the charge. Jake's eyes flickered to his mate for a moment, a small part of him wanting her to leave and get somewhere safe. But at the same time, knowing she would fight until the very end to defend them. Her yellow eyes matched his and love was pushed through the bond, filling them both with a warm feeling. 

Kit turned away and faced forward, jumping up to a crouch on Rocky's back and placing her hand flat on his neck to calm him and stabilise herself. The midnight blue Ikran was silent like the others as they flew into a small valley in the archipelago of islands, like he understood what they were about to enter. 

The Ikran warriors and many Omatikaya waited on top of their banshees, clinging to the side of the mountains like bats to a cave. Jake raised his gun and hooted as they flew past, Tay'kat echoing his sound with a loud echo. 

Neytiri raised her hands and chanted just as the fleet of ships came into Kit's view. They were the largest aircrafts she'd ever seen, The Dragon was surrounded by an army of Samson's and could rival the size of some of the floating mountains. 

Determination filled her and Kit joined the war cry, Rocky let out a screech of his own. 

Ikran's leapt from the sides in giant flaps, the army falling behind the five in an arrow shape. The fleet was directly below them now, heading straight for the tree of souls.  

Jake held a hand to his neck as he spoke looking to Tay'kat and Tsu'tey. "Brothers, I'm gonna punch a hole. You follow me through." 

The two males nodded in confirmation. 

The dive down threw gusts of wind back at Kit who hissed into the air, following behind her mate as the whole sky based army dove. Jake collided with a Samson at the same time the firing range opened fire on the ground crew. Toruk was large enough to sink his claws into the body of the small ship and spin it around, throwing it into a cliff face and watching it explode in a mighty ball of fire. 

Kit hissed as she pulled back her arrow and shot it straight into the glass cockpit, a man falling dead at her blade. Rocky screeched as she steered him a sharp left to avoid the sudden onslaught of bullets. 

The sky people had opened fire and with them a rain cloud of death. Kit continued her crouch on Rocky's back as she swerved between the smaller ships, firing when she could and taking out a few pilots.