Chapter one

Aria dragged her feet down the stairs. She had chosen to wear her black pleated skirt, with a purple and black striped top, her shoulder length dark hair hanging down. She looked just as sulky as the day her mother told her she would be joining the royal school room.

Freya came out of the kitchen, holding Arias shoulder bag, smiling until she saw her clothes.

"Why are you wearing that?" Freya sighed. "I put clothes out for you"

Aria scowled.

"I'm not wearing pink mother. You cant make me. I'm not a princess" She retorted, grabbing her bag.

Freya took a deep breath.

"You can at least reign in your attitude Aria. After all, you are going to be in the school room with the Princes of Asgard"

"Oh fantastic. Spoilt brats for company"

Freya grabbed her own things, heading for the door, as Aria followed.

As they walked towards the palace, Aria still looked miserable.

"Cheer up Aria. Its not going to be that bad" Freya said.

"Really?"

"Its not. And its only for a few more years. Once you have your powers, maybe you can join the coven"

Aria huffed loudly, then pushed by her mother. She didnt need her reminding her that she hadnt gained her powers yet. That she was late at developing them.

Aria was now sat in the school room, after Freya had spoken to the tutor. She avoided looking at anyone in the room. But hadnt failed to notice there was only about eleven other students. That one in particular stuck out more than the others. He sat near the back of the class, wearing a black leather tunic, and pants to match, his hair was slicked back from his face and his eyes were intensely watching Aria, as she took her vacant seat behind him on the right.

The tutor, Master Salvatore, continued with his lesson of mathematics.

Aria couldnt help but look around the room now at the other students. Realising only herself and another were female.

"I know this maybe a little confusing Mistress Aria, but if you see me after the lesson. I will give you the notes to catch up on everything" He said.

She brought her eyes back to him, nodding once, before looking away again.

"Loki, are you even listening?" Salvatore barked.

Aria glanced to her left. Finding he had been looking straight at her.

"Yeah" He huffed.

"What was I talking about?"

Loki rolled his eyes.

"You were banging on about the Pythagorean theory, which I have to say, is utterly boring" he replied, faking a yawn.

Aria quickly found the sound of his voice, the beautiful way he spoke, sent her heart fluttering.

"And Im guessing you find Mistress Aria, much more appealing, do you?" Salvatore asked.

Aria found her cheeks going bright red.

The class sniggered as they all looked around at her.

"Well, yes Master Salvatore. But only because I find your class so dull. And I think I have imagined every possible way to be rid of you. That Ive run out of ideas"

Aria pressed her lips together, as she forced herself not to laugh. Salvatore didnt look surprised at Lokis comment, like he was used to his behaviour.

"See me after the class Master Loki" He then replied. "Right, as I was saying"