chapter nine

Freya stood at the bottom of the bed. Frigga had placed Aria into a private chamber, so nobody would see what had happened. A healer was waving something over her, muttering a few words.

Moments later, Arias eyes fluttered open.

Aria took a deep breath, finding she was no longer in her bedroom. She looked to the side, finding a healer from the palace standing there, smiling, then she noticed Freya standing, looking scared.

"What's going on?" She looked around the room. "Where am I?"

"In the palace. Im sorry Aria" Freya said.

The healer quietly excused herself, closing the door behind her. While Freya walked to the side of the bed, tears in her eyes.

"I should have told you everything from the start, been honest with you. But I was so frightened, and I didnt know what to do"

Aria slowly sat up on the bed.

"What are you talking about?" Aria asked.

Freya paused, biting her lip.

"I'm not your mother"

Aria starred at her, finding se was shocked to hear Freya admit this.

"What?" Asked Aria.

"I'm sorry. But Im not your mother. Im a sister witch from the same coven. Sent here to protect you" Freya began explaining.

"So, my mother is Astrid. Murdered by this, Villi, so he could use me to bring down his brother"

"Yes. He heard about the prophecy from Amora"

Aria scowled.

"Yes, I heard" She sighed. "I dont understand how Villi found the house, if it was protected"

Freya instantly looked ashamed, and Aria could feel her guilt. Instantly realising it wasnt Astrid who had made the deal.

It had been Freya.

"You?" Aria whispered.

She looked up at Aria, with tears in her eyes.

"I was Odins mistress. Before Frigga. Then he chose her, over me. I wasnt thinking straight. Im so sorry Aria. I tried to break it off. I loved you like you were my own"

Aria quickly got up from the bed, looking disgusted with Freya.

"How could you?"

The tears were rolling down Freyas face. Her lip trembled.

"My mother was killed before you were jealous of the queen. Then you expect me to forgive you. You should be executed, for treason"

Aria quickly headed out of the room.

Freya followed.

"Aria, please, just give me a chance" She followed.

"Stay away from me" Aria barked.

They were now in the middle of one of the halls.

"Please. I need you to keep this to yourself. I can fix this" Freya whispered, stopping her.

But Aria pushed her away, making Freya fall to the ground.

People were looking on.

"You are no longer my family" Aria hissed, her eyes were glowing purple, her powers right on the edge.

"Aria"

This time she pushed her away with her powers, without barely trying.

"Next time I wont hold back" And she turned and left the palace.