Chapter 3

Lalisa became weird. She was already a smidge outside of normal, but the way she treated him these days was obviously different.

Jungkook is sifted through his memories to pinpoint exactly when this all began.

'KyungChan, I don't want to hurt you. You're a good guy. You'd be wasted on a kid like me. That's how kind and good you are. So you should meet someone who likes and treasures you.'

He had bought some chicken and was on his way to Jin Bruschweiler's house.

Suddenly, he heard someone's voice that did not hold an ounce of truth or sincerity.

Jungkook stopped walking. The words sounded like they were straight out of a B movie script.

The moment he realized that those words had left the mouth of Lisa, Jungkook was even more bewildered.

'Lalisa Bruschweiler! Did you even like me at all?'

'Don't come to my house again. Whenever you do this, it makes me uncomfortable. Just accept that we're over.'

The more this played out, the deeper he was sucked in. Jungkook was glued to his spot as he crossed his arms and watched the two of them shoot this adolescent, slice-of-life movie. There were other people who were watching the couple with interest as well.

However, the moment this large boy grabbed Lisa, flustering her, Jungkook intervened. He also felt a little bad that she would be the famous star of the neighborhood gossip tomorrow.

It probably started that day. From that day on, he noticed that Lisa was looking at him as if she were looking at a stranger.

At first, he thought she was avoiding him because she was embarrassed to face someone who had witnessed her break-up. However, even after a few days had passed, Lisa continued to act suspiciously.

He had finished his flight and had just returned home. In order to shake off some of the exhaustion, Jungkook walked out to a secluded space near his apartment complex. He pulled out a cigarette and put it in his mouth.

After lighting the tip, he inhaled. Huu, as he lifted his head and breathed out, the cloudy smoke flowed out of his mouth. Suddenly...

He saw Lisa sneaking between the parked cars and poke her head out. She began looking around.

'How can she be so unpredictable every time I see her?'

Jungkook followed Lisa with his narrowed eyes as he observed her movements. Lisa finally walked through the entrance of her apartment lobby. She kept looking back as if she were looking for something.

She was probably looking for him. Even though no one said so, Jungkook had a strong feeling that he was right.

"...tain. Captain?"

When he heard someone calling him, Jungkook was shaken out of his thoughts and returned to reality.

Jungkook , the co-pilot, and the rest of the crew members were all exiting into the arrivals terminal of Incheon airport. One of the flight attendants walking next to him smiled up at him.

"Did something good happen? Why are you smiling like that?"

Was I smiling? Jungkook furrowed his brow and fixed his expression.

"We were all thinking about eating dinner together to celebrate our safe flight. You'll come with us, right, Captain? Let's share a nice drink as well."

Celebrate a safe flight? If that were the case, they'd be drinking every single day. Jungkook hid his true thoughts and smiled politely.

"I have a previous engagement, so I won't be able to go this time around."