Chapter 11

The street were decorated in preparation for the end of the year. Little light bulbs flashed on the trees around department stores. Employees inside the store wore Santa hats as they hummed Christmas carols.

Sitting in the passenger seat of Jin's car, Lisa looked at the scenery outside the window with indifferent eyes. She didn't feel like celebrating the end of the year.

The world seemed to have lost its color. All she could see were the frowns on people's faces as they cut through the bone-chilling wind.

"Wow, they really went all out for the end of the year. Don't you think so?"

Lisa snorted when she heard Jin's excited voice and leaned her forehead against the window. For the past few days, Jin had gone all out to try and lift Lisa's spirits. Unfortunately, all those efforts were for naught.

'Do you need time to think about it?'

'You won't be able to meet a guy like me somewhere else.'

'Really think about it. Whether you'll date me or whether you won't see me ever again.'

After giving her time to think, Jungkook hid his whereabouts from Lisa. She knew it was his way of being considerate and giving her the space and time to focus on her own thoughts. However, in reality, his absence made her realize what a precious fixture he had been in her life. From then on, Lisa would more often than not look up at the sky with dazed eyes.

A relationship had taken form in her mind. One where they did not have silly fights like other couples. One where they did not have to break up.

From her extremely short first relationship, she had learned that romantic feelings could always fade away. She thought that Jungkook had felt the same way as her. So when he dropped the bomb on her, she had been completely shocked.

Now that she had reached a fork in the road of their relationship, she had come to realize that the person who would be the biggest distraction from dating Jungkook would be Jin. He was definitely the kind of person who would laugh and sneer at the thought of his little sister getting together with his friend.

"Say something..."

If Jin hadn't been in the middle of it all, would she have been able to receive Jungkook more easily?

However, if it weren't for him, she would never have gotten closer to Jeon Jungkook. Was she supposed to be grateful for this? Or...

"Did you propose to SoYoung-unnie?"

It had been a while since the three of them, Jin, Lisa and SoYoung, had all gone out for a meal. Throughout the long length of Jin and SoYoung's relationship, Lisa had met up with them from time to time, but this meeting was very special. Their two families were in marriage talks.

Now that Jin had established himself in his job, it was only expected that talks of marriage would arise. However, he wasn't sure if it was something SoYoung wanted to do, so there was some hesitation.

"Ew, what proposal? How embarrassing."

Jin burst into awkward laughter, and his face and neck grew red. Lisa was amazed that even someone as basic as Jinwas getting married.

"At this rate, she's going to call off the engagement."

"......"

It seemed that Jin was finally worried as he pursed his lips.

They finally arrived at their destination. A valet rushed over to them, and Jin gave him his car. Jin looked around. SoYoung was standing outside the restaurant and smiling brightly at them as she waved her hand.