Chapter 9

Night had come and darkness had settled. A man in a pilot's uniform was standing in the smoking area of the apartment complex with a cigarette in his mouth.

Click, the man drew in a deep breath and the tip of the cigarette glowed red. A foggy cloud flowed out of the man's mouth and dissipated into the air. The man's figure grew clearer.

Vrrr. Something was vibrating from his chest pocket. He pulled out his cellphone and checked the caller ID. A brow went up when he saw who it was. He slowly accepted the call. Judging from his behavior, he was obviously annoyed.

"Yeah, what?"

— Where are you? Are you in Korea?

Despite all the years that had passed, Jin's repertoire never changed. Jungkook chuckled.

"I just came back. I'm not going to see you today, and I'm not going to drink."

— Huh...? Wh-What? Why not?!

'Let's meet up, let's grab a drink'.

Jungkook uccessfully predicted what Jin was going to say and answered him before he had the chance to ask. Jin's shocked voice flowed out of the receiver.

"I've just managed to step foot on the ground after four days. Do I have to go and see you?"

— If not me, you don't have anyone else to see...

"You should fix that habit of jumping to conclusions, you know."

— ...Do you have someone?

Of course I do. Jungkook swallowed the words that threatened to leave his throat.

One month had passed. One month had passed since he and Lisa had shared their bodies at his place and started their shaky relationship as sex partners and lovers.

Some days, they'd roll around in bed, some days they'd go on a drive to the outskirts of town and go on a date. At this point, Lisa's conscience was pricked whenever she spoke of him as her 'Oppa's friend'.

— Wow, what's going on? Why aren't you answering? Are you really seeing someone?

"Maybe."

— How is she?

She's cute rather than pretty, and sexy rather than cute. But so many insect bastards are circling around her, so she might actually be objectively pretty.

He'd seen her for so long, so he couldn't really tell. Jungkook still felt like it was yesterday when he saw her wearing her baggy school uniform as she shouted hostile words at Jin...

"She's prettier than you."

— Crazy bastard. Why are you comparing her to me?

"Because I'm not meeting her for her beauty. Are you seeing SoYoung because she's pretty? That's rather trashy of you..."

— Hey, you don't mess with family. Even if it's you, I won't go easy on you.

"You haven't even married her yet, so how is she family?"

— SoYoung and I are basically family!

SoYoung was a touchy subject for Jin. After fighting with SoYoung, he always grabbed the hem of Jungkook's clothes and complained about her, but if Jungkook ever agreed with him, he'd shout that Jungkook didn't have any right to say that and fight back. Jin was a very affectionate man, and he greatly treasured his people.

— Anyways, who are you seeing? A flight attendant?

"No."

— Did you go on a blind date without telling me?