Chapter 14

Jin looked at Jin and pressed down on his wounded lips with his thumb.

"I won't let you hit me twice."

"......"

"Because Lisa will probably be worried."

Jin's worried expression gradually faded away, and he grumbled under his breath.

"Since when have you been fooling me?"

"It hasn't been long. A couple of months?"

"Why didn't you tell me?"

How should he explain this? Jungkook was slow to answer and tried to find the right words. There were many reasons, but the biggest one was actually 'Was it necessary?' As soon as Jungkook opened his mouth, Jin cut him off.

"If you say 'Was it necessary?', I'll kill you."

"Scary."

Jungkook norted and pretended to shiver.

"Nothing was for certain, so we didn't think there was any need to tell you just yet."

"What are you talking about? It's obvious that Lalisa was frequently going in and out of your place."

"...That was for something else."

Jin sank onto a bench in the smoking area. He gestured to Jungkook with his eyes, urging him to sit next to him. Jungkook slowly walked over. He ran over his wound with his tongue and sat down, putting his elbows on his knees.

A sharp gust of wind blew around them. However, the fiery air of their confrontation seemed to block it out, so it didn't feel too cold. Jin leaned back and draped his arms over the back of the bench before looking up at the sky. A white mist left his mouth and disappeared into the air.

"I thought it was a bit weird from the very beginning."

"The beginning of what?"

"When you first came over to hang out at our place."

Hearing this, Jungkook became lost in thought. He shrugged his shoulders and snorted.

"It wasn't since then, you idiot."

Jin stared at Jungkook as he laughed while covering his eyes with his hand. He felt like his insides were going to twist into a knot. He suddenly felt an intense urge to hit him one more time. How could he call someone who might become his hyung-nim an idiot?

"If you're only playing around with her, just end it as soon as possible. I don't know about other people, but you can't do that to my sister."

Jungkook's yes suddenly flashed with a dangerous gleam. The laughter died from his lips, and his expression looked fierce. Feeling Jungkook's eyes pierce through him, Jin flinched but continued talking.

"Well, you know... If you're not going to marry her, just end it as soon as you can. Don't you think that'd be for the best? It'll only strain things between us."

Jungkook ursed his lips as he continued to glare at Jin. However, his lips slowly stretched into a smirk. Jin felt a chill run down his spine.

"We might get married faster than you."

"......"

"We might even make you a nephew before you have your own kid."

"...Crazy son of a bitch."

"I dare you to say I'm playing around with her again."

It looked like Jin wouldn't be called 'hyung-nim' in this lifetime. What could he possibly expect from a bastard like Jungkook? How did a guy he knew all these years end up falling for someone like Lalisa Bruschweiler? Jin was dying of curiosity.