1 - After All These Years

"Y/n would you like to do the briefing today?" Lin asked me, I'm actually allowed to brief because of my new promotion, I'm on the metal-benders force now and wear a similar uniform to Lin's. My uniform is black with silver accents.

"Okay! We've succeeded in the Serpent Pass drug bust and recovered over 15 pounds of ecstasy. Now, Mako as usual you have babysitting duty for the prince."

"I am so done with him."

"We all know you have going on with him so give it up, I'm on to you."

"Y/n get to the point."

"Oh yeah, Avatar Korra is returning today."

The entire room started cheering.

"Dismissed."

I walked out with Mako to the opening of a new train station that Asami designed.

"So you hear from Bolin?"

"He hasn't written in the last few weeks but messenger hawks have been slacking a lot recently."

"Tell me about it, I wrote to him a year ago and I only got a response last month."

"Okay no that ones my fault, we write to eachother once a month."

"Son of a bitch."

"Wait me or him because if it was directed to him that would be awkward."

"Obviously it was directed to you dumbass."

We reached the station and I saw the prince excitedly running towards us.

"Hey guys, Mako my man!"

He rolled his eyes and I put on my best I'm-in-command-fuck-you voice.

"Anyways, to your post detective."

"Right away Deputy Chief."

I said it was a nice promotion. I found Asami after she finished talking with Mako.

"ASAMI!"

"Y/N!"

I hugged her tightly before starting a conversation.

"It's been too long, I see you've done nicely for yourself."

"You to, congrats on making deputy chief by the way, Mako didn't look to happy about it."

"Nah he's stuck on babysitting duty, loser. I'm so excited to see Korra again."

"It's gonna be nice having the old team avatar in the city after all these years."

I watched as prince Wu was approaching a hoard of fans, among the crowd were Kuvira supporters. Kuvira has been reuniting the Earth Kingdom, in her words at least, she's actually colonising it so that's not good. She took my oldest brother, Bolin and Varrick with her.

That night I went to Air Temple Island to see Korra again and Briar was anxious to see Naga.

"I can't wait to go back to being a detective."

"Y/n didn't you tell him."

"Nope." I took a bite out of my pork bun, damn can Pema cook.

"You're going to Ba Sing Se with the prince."

"NO! I can't go with him!"

"You have to."

"I can't stand him."

"Give it up Mako we all know he fucks you."

"Y/n I swear to god!"

"I'm not wrong."

"You two calm down! Mako you can try talking to Raiko but he won't let you quit."

"A SOUTHERN WATER TRIBE SHIP JUST PULLED INTO THE DOCKS!"

I ran outside to see Naga barreling out of the ship and tackling Briar. 

"Tonraq it's good to see you." I said to Korra's father, he doesn't hate me anymore so that's good.

"Y/n, or should I say Deputy Chief Beifong, congratulations by the way."

"Thank you, is Korra with you?"

"What do you mean? She's been in Republic City for the last 6 months."

I side eyed him in confusion.

"No she hasn't, we assumed she came in with you."

"Well she obviously didn't."

"Well then where is she?"

A/N

Hey everyone! Welcome to the final book of the Love is in the Air series. I can't believe that I'm actually gonna finish this series but it may be in a month or two because of school and school sucks. Btw if you're in class right now pay attention🤨 listen to your teacher talk about Romeo and Juliet. 

Ok love you byeeee!