-+*Carnival*+-

-Chapter One, Section 1-

...

It was the beginning of August, You, Colby, Sam, and Melody were on a double date at this year's carnival, it was the perfect weather, Sam and Melody suggested the idea. The sky was like a wildfire as the sun set down, the leaves danced around you, the air smelled of cotton candy, hot dogs and the sweet autumn air. You and Colby were holding hands, while Sam had Melody on his back. You looked down at your watch, it was 7:34 pm, "Guys! The firework show starts in 2 hours!" You exclaimed, Melody smiled at you, "I can't wait! Every year is different and it's always beautiful!" Sam smirked, "Not as beautiful as you, though." Melody chuckled and Sam glanced to his right, "Look, there's a fun house. Some say it's haunted." He cooed jokingly. Melody playfully hit his shoulder, "Shut up! No it's not.." She said, kind of nervously. Colby shrugged, "It's not a bad idea, plus, it'll be fun to check it out. I mean come on, it's called a fun house for a reason, right?" He persuaded. You and Melody looked at each other. "I'll go if Y/N goes." She announced, They all focused their eyes on you. "I mean, why not? There's nothing better to do." You agreed, Sam smiled, "Lets gooo!" He ran off, Melody laughing as she was still on his back. 

You and Colby followed them to the fun house, you walked in front of Colby and you felt your feet lift off the ground. Colby had picked you up bridal style and started carrying you, "A queen shouldn't have to walk." He said proudly. You chuckled, and you laid your head on his shoulder. 

(286 words)