'-+.* Fireworks and Gods*.+-'

(Chapter 1, Section 5)

(Back to Y/N's POV)

...

I walked out of the room, and ran into Melody, who looked like she had been awake all night. "Hey, Mel? Are you okay?" I asked, she sighed, "I'm just exhausted." She replied, "I mean, you and Sam had some fun last night, huh?" I teased, she rolled her eyes at me. "Shut up. I feel like crap, my back hurts and my legs are sore." She admitted, I gave her a sly look. "Oh, be quiet!" She groaned, I laughed. 

Colby walked up to me, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me against his body. "Amor..." He groaned, sleepily, after I had told him everything Ralph did to me, he had been going back and forth to the Punch Bag stand and hitting the hell out of it. The carnival ended tonight after the fireworks and the Fun House would be closed, meaning we would have to go back home. Melody, Sam, Colby and I all share a house together, It's not the best but it suits us. 

It's a two storied house, with a large living room, a well put together kitchen, with three bedrooms, Sam and Melody's, Me and Colby's, and a guest room, Each room has a bathroom, and there's one downstairs and one upstairs, a basement which we use as a storm shelter, and an attic we use as an extra guest room and/or storage, mainly storage because it gets very cold during winter and very hot during summer. Me and Colby have a cat named Stryker, he's a tuxedo cat and he is adorable, right now he's at Colby's mothers house because we had been on vacation for the past week already, Sam and Melody have a turtle named Shelly, Mel had left at least 4 weeks of food supply in the corner of the cage so he's fine.

I looked at the time, it was 8:30pm, "Guys, we should get ready and eat, the fireworks start in 30 minutes. I said, Mel chuckled, "Okay.." Sam glanced at us, "Did you guys know if we miss the fireworks then we will be cursed?" He said, smiling, "Shut up!" Melody yelled, Sam's smile faded off his face, "I'm not lying! The original creator cursed everyone who missed the fireworks at this town square, if they're here of course. He didn't just curse anyone in the world who missed it, just at this specific location." He explained, I saw Melody roll her eyes. Then, Colby agreed, "Yeah, he's not joking, we can't miss this." He said, Sam nodded, Melody was more intrigued than before. "Oh.. then we can't miss it." She said smiling, Sam looked confused, he walked into the room after Melody and slammed the door, muffled yelling could be heard, then... after a few minutes it slowly turned into.. moaning...

"Those fuck-bugs..." Colby laughed, "Go get ready, love." He added, I nodded and went to the room.

...

8:55pm

...

Everyone was ready to go, we ran as fast as we could out of the fun house and went to the show. 

We got to the place and sat down, "OOOKAY EVERYONEE!!" The announcer yelled over the intercom, "WELCOME TO THIS YEARS AAAANUAL FIREWORK SHOW!~" He added, "THIS YEAR, IT'S GREEK WAR THEMED! THE SHOW STARTS IN 5 MINUTES SO GO GET YOUR SNACKS, EMPTY YOUR BLADDER AND WE'LL GET THIS THING GOOOING!" The intercom shut off, "I'm gonna go get some popcorn." Mel said, Sam followed her there, wrapping his arm around her waist.

...

8:57

..

Melody and Sam came back with the popcorn, Sam's face smeared with Melody's rosekiss lipstick. "OKAY EVERYONE!! THE SHOW IS STARTING! SIT BACK AND WEAR YOUR EYE PROTECTING GLASSES! THIS IS GONNA BE AWESOME!" The announcer said, Then, all of a sudden, BOOM, a firework went off in the shape of the Greek God Apollo, then tons more went off, Soldiers, Other Gods, Rabid Beasts, all fighting to their deaths, they even added red fireworks for blood, The fireworks seemed so real, then, the firework that scared everyone, The most realistic fireworks out of every firework show they had ever had, The Greek Gods Deimos, The God of terror and dread, and his brother, Greek God Phobos, The God of Panic, Flight and Rout. They were so real looking that some people backed away, Though, Melody loved it, those were her favorite Greek Gods.

...

After the show, everyone loaded up into the car, I looked up at the night sky, after the fireworks, all I could see was Deimos and Phobos, it was like they were haunting me, I looked them right in the eyes, I could've swore I saw Deimos smile, but then again, it was a firework show, they weren't real. 

None of it was real.

...

10:36- Don't go back home.

...

(793 words)