.-+*. Hide and Seek with the Devil .*+-.

(Chapter 2, Section 2)

TW: Knife, Blood, Abuse, Suffocation, Attempted Murder

(FT: Colby Brock)

...

After calling the police, Colby heard a loud thud and a voice calling out to him...

"Darling~ I know you're here~ Come on out!~" 

He heard metallic scraping on the walls getting closer.

He looked towards the way the noise was coming from, he slowly backed into the opposite direction and made his way swiftly and quietly to the living room.

He closed the door.

"I heard that, I'm coming my love~ Why are you hiding from me?"  

Colby locked the door and went to the closet, and shut the door quietly.

He turned around and saw the hidden hatch that lead into Y/N's secret room, he's never been in here because it was against her boundaries, he knew about it because Y/N told him about it and he promised not to go in. It was very well hidden and blended into the wall, this just once, he was gonna disrespect her, it was his life or her privacy..

He opened the door and went in, it was dark, he shut the door and stood up.

He found the light switch and turned on the lights.

The room was beautiful.

There was a desk on the left side, littered with paper with drawings on it, notebooks, colored pencils, markers, paintbrushes, and crumbled up papers. There was a led lamp that changed colors, it illuminated the desk with a soft yellow. The chair sat facing him, it was a white fur covered chair with dark brown legs, and with a blanket draped over it.

There were white, twinkling Christmas lights that added more light to the room, the rug was a black fluffy rug with some white paint stained onto it, in the far right was a clothing rack with all of his "missing" hoodies hung up on it.. Also in the right, there was a TV in the lower right corner on a small coffee table, there were two beanbags facing it and a few empty plastic cups sitting on the floor next to them.

On the walls, there were paintings that Y/N painted herself, most of them were scenery but some of them were her, but her face was either blurred or marked out with black, pink, red, or white paint. He went over to the desk and opened some of the crumbled papers, they were sketches of him. They were amazing looking... He folded a few of them up and put them in his pocket.

He saw a notebook on the desk labeled, "Secrets, Nobody will know..." He clenched his fists. He wanted to look but he didn't want to disturb her privacy anymore than he already did. He felt his body drift towards the desk, his body was moving without him thinking too. He saw his hand reach for the notebook. "Maybe... one page won't hurt..." He picked up the notebook and opened to the first page.

...

"April 25th, 2021..." Colby narrowed his eyebrows in confusion, "This is the first day we moved into this house." He continued, "I explored the house without Colby a bit early, I found this room in the living room closet, I'm not gonna tell Colby about it.... yet. It's very old and dusty, and there's spider webs everywhere! I'm gonna clean it up and make it a personal room. I need my own space, Colby's getting a man cave/ gaming room and Sam has his own bedroom to himself..."  Oh yeah, this was before Sam and Melody got together. He read further, "So.. I deserve this... right?"

He smiled, "You deserve the world.." He said to himself, he got so lost that he read further into the notebook and completely forgetting about Jessi.

He read till July 2023, He felt bad while reading the last entry..

"July, 29th, 2023. On me and Colby's anniversary, I'm gonna let him into my secret room! I'm so excited to see what he'll say but nervous at the same time, will he like it, will he not? So many thoughts! On September 12th, is the day I'm gonna let him in. I bought two beanbags for us to watch movies on! I'm trying to draw a picture of him as a gift but the paintings suck and so do the drawings... I need to work harder! I just hope nothing happens before hand."

...

He sighed, and kissed the empty margins in the bottom of the page, "I'm sorry.." 

He jumped, he heard the closet door open, and shuffling through the clothes.

"Darling?~ Are you here?~ I made you some steak! Come on out.."

He looked around, he slid the chair in front of the door and grabbed a pair of scissors.

He heard her scoff.

"You little brat.."

Her tone changed.

"Baby!~ Come here!~ I don't wanna play this game!~" 

She sounded more irritated than before.

He got a call, he quickly answered it before the ringtone went off, "Yes?"

"We're here, I'm glad you're okay."

The dispatcher from earlier.

He heard the door open aggressively, "This is the police! Jessi Booker, put your hands up now! Drop your weapon!" The officer shouted, he heard metallic clanging on the floor.

He opened the door and saw the police had Jessi in handcuffs, he saw her snap her head around to him, "Love! Oh thank God! These mean ol' police officers are tryna arrest lil ol me..." She whined pathetically, the officer who was holding her looked at him, nodded and led her to the cop car, before the sheriff could leave, he stopped him. "Hey.. Can you help me look for my girlfriend? I don't know where she is, I think Jessi did something to her..",

Before the sheriff could answer, Jessi screamed, "SHE'S IN THE SHED! SHE'S AT HER LAST THREAD!~ YOU BETTER HURRY COLBY!" She laughed manically.

5 officers ran after Colby as he took off running to the shed, he opened the door and saw her tied up, slowly being suffocated by a rag.

The officers untied her and took the rag off her face, she inhaled deeply, Colby watched in horror.

The stab wound had dried blood around it and she had been beaten badly with a led pipe. 

She was taken to the hospital.

5 weeks of recovery.

Colby was alone.

...

(1012 words.. wow..)