Chapter 30

I DO NOT OWN THIS STORY! ALL RIGHT GOES TO *IamADirectioner*

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3941498/IAmADirectioner Go check her out :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Atlast everyone begins leaving. Harry and I are still pretty much covered in food, so there aren't any hugs.

Nick Grimshaw runs his finger along Harry's face and tasted what got stuck on his finger.

"That is one yummy cake, and it tastes better with beer," he observes.

Harry frowns. "Really?"

"Yeah."

Harry tastes some of it himself. "Hmm. It does!"

I try some myself. It adds a little spark of difference which is refreshing. I laugh. "Not bad."

"See? Well, see you guys later!" Nick nods at us, and goes off with some of his buddies.

Eventually, the apartment only contains myself, Harry, Liam, Niall and Zayn.

Liam yawns. "Well, I've had it. I think I need to sleep now. Bye, guys."

Harry grins at Liam, and launches himself on him. Liam yelps.

"Bye, Liam," Harry says cheekily.

"Harrry!" Liam complains loudly, wriggling. I hear slurpy noises coming from the cake squashed between the two of them.

"Shut up. It's my birthday. No complaining," Harry says sternly as he pulls out of the hug.

Liam sighs. "FINE. 'Night."

"Bye, and goodnight," I call, and the others do too.

"I think we'll be leaving too, now, Niall," Zayn adds quickly.

"But - " Niall begins to protest, but a look passes between them. "Oh, fine."

I exchange a glance with Harry. That seems a bit suspicious.

Zayn flashes me a look, and grins. "Bye, guys. Don't mess up your arm again, Haz."

"I won't," Harry promises.

He waggles his fingers as a farewell, and slips outside. Niall grins happily.

"Happy birthday again, Harry! G'night!" And he scampers outside.

I smile. "Bye," I call, and shut the door behind me with a click.

I turn around. Harry is smiling at me wryly.

"What?" I ask, smiling back.

"Well... you haven't given me a present yet," he says, almost shyly, ducking his head.

This may sound a bit self-obsessed to you, but we have a tradition. We HAVE to give presents on the birthday, or give notice beforehand that we can't. Harry and I have both agree we like presents ON our birthdays, not afterwards.

"I was waiting for the right time," I say softly.

I take a step closer to him.

"Happy birthday, Harry," I whisper.

He murmurs something incrompehensible under his breath, but I catch one word which sparks my heart alight. Lou.

"I didn't really know what to get you, because I really wanted to give you something special. I'm not sure why. Maybe it was because I loved you." Harry twitches when I say loved. "And probably because I still do."