Chapter 34

I DO NOT OWN THIS STORY! ALL RIGHT GOES TO *IamADirectioner*

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3941498/IAmADirectioner Go check her out :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry Pov.

The ride home is quiet. Louis is curled up on the seat infront of me, and Niall is whispering tired little nothings into his ear, making him smile and nod faintly. Zayn is staring out the window, his expression intense, and Liam is on his phone. The silence isn't awkward, but we all feel the tension wavering in the air, like a snowflake defying gravity. Just waiting there, waiting for us to speak. Waiting for us to explain everything to Louis, to tell him why we weren't speaking, why I had 'looked close to tears', as Louis said, when he came back in.

But we don't, and one by one, the boys are dropped home.

Louis, Paul, and I are left in the car. Light is fading fast, and tiredness threatens to fill the car up. I'm officially spent for the day.

"You boys are awfully quiet," Paul comments, a trace of anxiety lingering in his tone.

I laugh lightly. "Just tired, Paul. Don't worry, no one's dead yet."

"Oh. Phewf." He chuckles, and leaves us basking in the silence, humming comfortably. I lean my head back lazily, watching Louis through my eyelashes, and I can see him do the same. I know he's expecting an answer, but I also know he trusts me to tell him whenever I feel necessary. I feel my lips curl upwards lightly. I'm tired, emotionally drained, and sleepy. But the buzz of Louis being here keeps me conscious, and I wait for us to reach home.

We stop at our building, and Louis and I both slip out the car, waving goodbye to Paul, then me hooking my good arm around Louis's waist, and both of us going inside to our apartment.

The journey is passed in somewhat a dream, my feet moving by their own accord, eager to go to bed. It's winter, 4:30, and so the first of the stars have already peeped out into the sky, like pinpricks in an immeasurable mass of navy cloth. I'm just tired, tired, tired, and I want to stumble to my bed, toss the covers around myself, and drift into a dreamless sleep, no interruptions, no uncertainties, just rest. And no Liam waking me up early tommorow. 12+ hours of sleep. I feel the need dragging at my eyelids. Sleep.

We've reached the room, and I fumble with the key, so much that Louis touches my hand in a motion for me to stop. He slips the key out of my hand, and takes it, slowly but surely sinking the key into the lock, and twisting it. The door opens slowly, beckoning for me to come and slide underneath the fluffy covers of my bed.

I kick my shoes off in the doorway, and Louis follows suit. We gradually manage to take of all the irrelevant pieces of clothing we had on, before we reach my room. I'm left in my boxers, while he still has a thin cotton T-shirt on and jeans. When we get in the room, I tiredly flick the switch for the electric heating blanket on, while Louis changes into pajama bottoms. He looks quite adorable like this, I note sleepily. Quite adorable.

I open my arms - as much as one can with a cast, I mean - and he comes into my embrace. He's cool, not unbearably so, and we stumble to the big, neatly made bed. I pull the covers away from the top, and Louis tugs me down onto the soft mattress, filled with sleepy need. He feels soft and weak, like a baby kitten, which I am fully willing to take care of. I slide underneath the covers, giving in to desperation, and pull the sheets ontop of us.

Louis wearily snuggles into my chest, his head gracing a depression in my chest, quite ironically 'filling up a hole in my chest'. His hair is soft and I really want to touch it, but I don't want to move, so we stay there, peacefully. Sleep is already closing my eyes, and I let them close, sighing softly.