Chapter 29: Intentions

Lucy fell asleep whilst contemplating on the woods, and with that, a Kanian man found her and carried her towards a certain place...

What followed after the blow was made to Lucy's face, was that, the mage in distress instantly stood up and walked away from the scene, not minding the crowd that had not yet recovered from the shock.

The next day...

"What now?..."

Lucy was sitting on a magenta, silky bed. She has now recovered, but her mind refused to move, being in the presence of the woman whom she temporarily considered an annoyance. However, realizing  that the owner of the room, and apparently the bed she momentarily sit on is no other than the same person, she alerted herself to get up from the said bed.

"I went overboard in knocking you off. Are you alright now?" Lameria stood over her own window as she faced the blonde mage. Her arms crossed each other, as she tried to examined her through her eyes.

"I'm fine. Thanks for asking."
Lucy averted her gaze, trying to hide her sarcasm. However, her mind began to discern something.
"It's my fault for blurting that out, I didn't mean to blow our cover. But that time, all I thought was that, I do not want Juvia to be upset with me." She continued. "Yet now, I realized, it is only futile to fix friendships, especially when this mission won't succeed, so... I just want it to let it be... For now. " Lucy sighed. As of the moment, she tought she needed to cut off some drama, even if it means losing a friend, or some friends. She expected that Levy and the rest of the gang might have abhorred her already, for stealing her own friend's man. She convinced herself that their opinions of her won't matter anymore, whether or not she would succeed in saving their world.

"You are absolutely right, Luna."
Lameria began to approach her side, and when she reached it, she tapped one of her shoulders, to Lucy's surprise.

"You are a good person, Lucy. No matter what. Do not let any one think of you otherwise. For now, focus on the mission, and you will succeed. I have faith in you and in Raven." After that,  she went out to give the mage some space. The mage only stared at the door where Lameria left. It was the first time that Lameria uttered her name with such sincerity, her annoyance to the woman had now dissipated.

It was already noon by the time Lucy went out of her room. Aside from that of Juvia and the rest of her friends, her thoughts dwelled on a certain event, which have led Juvia to know what happened between her and Gray. In this island, she and Gray have been just known as Luna and Raven, and if Juvia had mentioned the name of Gray, then someone living in such island other than Lameria and Gyna might have known their real names. She decided to investigate, and as of the moment, she headed nowhere else but to where she knew the wine steward would be staying.
She braced herself for what revelation she was about to know.