Chapter 31: Ancient Tale and the Eventuality

Five hundred years ago (the actual event)

An enormous ball-like structure ended the existence of a certain planet referred to as Mearth. The structure happened to be a planet too, which is deemed as Lupith. Lupith's color is fiery orange, filled with grayish spots, and it is twice as big as the doomed planet.
One might think that the life of the entire cosmos ends after a giant object collides with it, but, in this case, a peculiar situation took place. Hours before Lupith came in contact with Mearth, a large fiery rock hit the same planet. As tragic as one expected it to be, it ensued a different event.The fiery rock caused a part of Mearth to be torned apart. The portion which was separated from its whole was pulled away from a different direction and safely, albeit hardly, landed on an entity called petros. Decades followed and that remnant grew bigger and bigger with the petros, forming miraculously to be another planet with lifeforms of various lands. One of its many lands has been known as Earthland.

Unfortunately, a different fate came about for the big part of Mearth that was left. For it was then hit by Lupith, and eventually got destroyed. One of the tragic casualties was Arkinea.

************

The petite, blue-haired mage was speechless after reading a somewhat historical book with her magical lenses. After all, who would have believed that the place she had been dwelling on was once a destroyed planet, and the most mysterious part of it all was Arkinea. They were told by master Makarov that the island, where they should be heading to is, part of a large kingdom, known to be as Arkinea, the probable location of their lost comrades. Currently, the book she was just reading mentioned that Arkinea was destroyed along with the rest of Mearth, and it was only the Earthland, which had then existed. With that, she continued to wonder. If this modern Arkinea is the same as the one that got destroyed, was it re-established by the previous civilization? How come she had only known of the kingdom when master told her about it? Did these islanders live in a stealth life that no one has ever recognized their existence?...

"Levy..." A man suddenly called her out. His deep voice surprised the blue-haired mage, who was just deep in her thoughts.
"Oh, Gray, it's you. Excuse me for being so surprised, I just couldn't believe what was being said on this book."
Gray drew closer to where Levy was standing. Apparently, they were in an old mini-library. That morning of the same day, Levy had asked someone if there is a place where she could borrow some books to read, and that person pointed in the direction of the island's mini-library. Though, the mage did not expect it to be as truly a library, where books are seated in an organized manner. She was amazed when she saw it and decided to stay there for a while.

"I thought Lucy is here too." Gray told his comrade, somehow with a tone of disappointment.
"Oh, about Lucy. I haven't seen her since what happened." Levy ought to continue, but seeing the looks of Gray, she stopped. Then, she curiously looked at him for a moment, wondered what truly happened between him and Lucy.
"I am sorry if it appeared that we lied to you guys, we didn't mean to keep something from you, especially that kind of information." The ice-make wizard stated, to which made Levy felt relieved. "There's nothing to apologize for, Gray. Well, except when it comes to Juvia. She was really upset and hurt, you know. But, nonetheless, can you tell me more about it? Back in Fiore, I was really dumbfounded upon knowing that my bestfriend was already married. And all the more I was surprised the moment I knew it was you."
Gray somehow began to feel uncomfortable yet, he realized that there could be no harm to shed just a bit of light to this mage. Then, he told her that his marriage to Lucy was for the mission. He also added that he was known as Raven and Luna in Arakani and that aside from Lameria, nobody else understood their standing, and the woman was brutally stern in keeping their status low key. After Gray had explained their marriage, Levy had already begun to deduce some facts about Natsu and Gray's mission, and also, Lucy's role on it. She also realized the importance of its secrecy for its success. She had now understand Lucy's conduct.
"So, this book... Is this really factual?" Levy showed Gray the book and he read it. "According to Lameria, yes.

"Please tell me more about the mission, Gray. Something big does not sit well with me, hence, I would like to help. But, I cannot do so without knowing everything." Levy was now filled with anxiety. But, she was determined to assist her friends. She looked at Gray, trying to assess his subsequent response. Gray, on the other hand, was in a state of confusion.
"I thought master had given you guys heads up with what awaits you." He leaned on one of the shelves, looking restless.
"No, he did not. We were so worried with you guys so, we begged master to go on a journey to look for you." "He only pointed this island and warned us to come looking for you, no more no less." Levy was about to cry, and the man began to feel a pang of concern for her petite friend. It reminded him of Lucy back when she found him and begged him for her to stay with him. At the same time, he realized that he needed to see her now. However, he must settle things with Levy first.

"If you really want to know everything, then get ready to sit here for hours." He gestured for her to sit on the only table set of the room.

"You know, I'll be all ears even for the whole day."