Chapter 8: Cold Night

Lucy and Gray were traveling through a small vessel towards a particular island. Lameria was also with them, and according to her, the name of the island was Arakani, part of Arkimedea. They were heading northeast of Arkimedea, which is around two hundred miles from Davos.
The three haven't arrived yet, and with the full moon's appearance on the sky, it could be determined that it was already nighttime.
The vessel where they were at had an antique appearance, because of its rustic design. However, the interior was surprisingly so modern.
The two mages were amazed by how meticulously and beautifully it was made. There was a glass staircase that would lead to three bedrooms, which were cozy enough to have a restful sleep. Lucy was also in an awe at the elegance of the lounge that can be compared to a rich man's living room.

It was already past midnight, however, drowsiness hadn't yet taken over the blonde's eyes, so, she decided to stay on the boat's lounge, which lead to a balcony, as well.
She was standing near the railings of the balcony, where she could see the ocean waves foaming as the boat cut its way through the water.
It was cold and windy, and so Lucy hugged herself, slightly annoyed for not bringing a coat along with her.
Not long after, Lucy's reverie was interrupted by a very familiar aura.
"Don't ruin your goddess look with wrinkles, princess. You need to get some sleep."
"Loke!" Lucy quietly gasped. Her feeling of discomfort from cold was temporarily gone.
"It's not like I'm a monster, Lucy, geez, you just insulted me." Her spirit coyly replied, pretending that he's emotionally hurt.
"Well, what can I say? For a moment you startled me. I'm sorry I hurt your ego." Lucy replied with a bit of sarcasm. However, as much as she enjoyed making fun with Loke, her curiosity as to why he came over made her stop from doing so. Loke was still holding onto his chest, not recovering from Lucy's jokes.

"Anyway, I need to ask you, what brings you here?" Lucy finally asked.

Loke's expression had instantly changed into a mixture of seriousness and anxiety. He didn't want to make her master worry, but, he promised to report to her anything that happens back in Magnolia the moment she leaves.

"Well, you specifically gave a request to look for Juvia and find out the reason why she wasn't able to follow you." Loke began telling his information, making Lucy had the tint of worry with what he's about to say.
"What happened to her?"

Loke had now little beads of sweat on his forehead.
"She's fine now Lucy, Wendy had fully healed her wound..." The guy's information had even increased Lucy's doubts and this time, anxiousness overwhelmed the celestial mage.
"Just tell me what happened, please?!"

"She got hurt... On her way to meet you."