Chapter 21: Solely To One

Loke and Lucy had already reached the riverside, both catching their breaths. The raise had exhausted the two, and the lion spirit was now eager to jump off the river to cool down.

"Wanna bathe together, love?"
The young man, who's brazen as usual, suddenly uttered, already expecting the other to punch him and close his gate. However, the woman only ignored him, her eyes were now fixed on another man, who had been skillfully using a spear to catch something on the river.

Once again, Loke watched the celestial mage closely, wondering how her owner had become serious in her disposition, but at particular times, he would see the Lucy he initially recognized- the one with a carefree smile.
Apparently, she had been giving the same look as of the present, carefully
observing the person at the distance, who seemed to be unaware of their presence.
Loke could not understand his own feelings towards it, he felt relieved that somehow Lucy had not lost his old self, at the same time, he felt a pinch of insecurity that if there's something, or someone who could give the pretty mage that cheerfulness, it was not him.
He was lost again in his own thoughts when suddenly, an object was thrown at his forehead,
or more like a fish.

"What was that for, Gray?!" Loke was annoyed at the man approaching their way, with his usual smirk.
Lucy, on the other hand, laughed extremely at the sudden scene. Right after, she took out her whip and gave her other friend a threatening look.

"Gray, if you continue to treat my spirit like that, you will have to deal with me." The celestial mage jested and of course, to the lion's delight.

Gray only chuckled. He was bringing with him 3 large fresh tunas, and 1 ram, which Lucy believed the product of his hunting.

" Good thing you're here bro.,you can help me get these cooked. "

Gray had now placed the delicacies he made an effort in catching. He was now preparing for a fire, thankful that he and Lucy had now learned to do it on their own. The latter, meanwhile, was still being cheerful, as Loke had observed. He was now glad that they could still have times as these, and seeing Lucy with such an expression, he realized he was truly willing to give-up everything to keep her that way.

"Oh, I'm glad you find my presence with pleasantry, Gray. I missed you too, bro."

With that, the three had enjoyed their entire day. Gray and Lucy only thought of it as their day off, thinking nothing else, but, to have fun.
Lucy was truly stuffed. She had never felt herself that bloated ever since she left the guild.
The three had then swam the river. They had enjoyed competing on jumping off a tall tree down the deep water.
The blonde felt like he was one of the boys. Loke had not even taken advantage of the situation wherein, she was the only girl, with only bikini on her. She was also surprised with herself that she made out throughout the day, without thinking as to why her heart becomes uncontrollably feverish whenever a certain male is around.
She was genuinely enjoying the day, however, she was even more determined to make everything go well, so that there will be more moments like this together with the entire guild.
She had been missing them long enough, she had thought how Levy could have missed reading her chapters already, how Erza would react upon knowing that she left the guild, and most of all, she missed her friend's destructive but chivalrous behavior.

"Be safe all of you... "
"Natsu..."