Chapter 19: A Heart Says What A Mind Can't

Six weeks...

Six weeks passed since Lucy and Gray began their training with Lameria. Since then, both had been focused on it, which is way more than an intensive workout.
It seemed to Lucy that apart from having a wedding ceremony, they were only brought in Arakani by Lameria for a bootcamp. Although, she understood that the woman only wanted to make them ready enough as the time comes when they have to face the king- the man behind this trouble.
The celestial mage didn't want to complain, yet sometimes, being alright with it seemed to be impossible. Since the day after their wedding, it had been her and Gray's routine to wake-up early in the morning and meet Lameria near the lake to train, with which the only easy part was the one that they would momentarily stop to rest. Exhaustion had already been felt by their bodies, and it was even evident on Gray, who was supposedly used to do such a thing with Lameria. The latter's stamina just seemed to never falter, and sometimes, Lucy would think whether the woman is really a human or not. Her energy could really match to that of Erza's, or even more.

The semi-dark sky had started to progress into a cerulean one. The weather was apparently cold, but large beads of sweat marked the bodies of the two mages. While Gray was tasked to do a deep meditation, Lucy was about to be trained a hand to hand combat with Lameria.

"Lucy, you have your spirits to fight for you, but don't take it as an offense, we both know there are times you need to fight without their help," began Lameria's introduction.

"Yes, ma'am." The young woman replied with determination.
She knew this all along, she should not always depend on her spirits. It's about time to get even stronger. Yet, was she already strong before? The question has already been in her thoughts all this time. Even though her friends and her spirits have kept on telling her that she's a strong mage, she felt that those words were just out of pity, and to her, she didn't need such words. What she needed was a confirmation. She has to test her strength and improve it a thousand times more as a proof.
What could be the best time, but, now...

"Show me how... Please." The young woman pleaded to the older woman, whom she was about to consider her master. Lameria, was a bit surprised with the girl's sudden forbearance. Nevertheless, she gave her a response.

"I will... But before that, you need to learn to let go."